EULA in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Another big gaping hole in this change is the fact that people only really buy Minecraft for mulitplayer. Sure, it can be fun to go and feck around on a single player world by building a tower, filling it with villagers and their babies, and then blowing the whole damn thing up, but the glee of doing so only lasts a few minutes at most, then you realize to do it again, you need to rebuild the tower, fill it with the innocent villagers, and then blow it up again. Then you get bored of doing so, and then go play on a server. But, in the worlds of James May, "Oh cock", we have a problem here. What's that, now its harder for servers to get funding to stay open? Well that just means less servers, which means more people will get bored of Minecraft and then quit, and less people will buy Minecraft due to there being NO SERVERS, and less people buying Minecraft means less money for Mojang to survive in the expensive Utopia of Sweden.
  2. I'm just going to ignore the blowing up villagers part but the last half of your paragraph makes perfect sense to me. I think instead of trying to shut down money making servers, Mojang should license them instead for a reasonable monthly fee. They could provide guidelines so that servers have reasonable donations. I do think Mojang deserves to make money as well. Most companies I know of would charge for major updates, instead of giving them away free.
  3. You mean that's NOT what you do in single player?
    princebee likes this.
  4. I haven't laughed in a month or so. Thank you :)
  5. Every time I read something like this... Am I really that special? I don't really enjoy servers that much. At least not nearly as much as single player, or a server with friends, which will still be possible.
  6. I enjoy single player, I just get bored of it after awhile, which is how I think most Minecraft players are.
  7. You really aren't. I mean.. well you are special. Everyone is special. I think you are an awesome special snowflake. :)

However. A lot of people do play and enjoy single player. Servers and modders take a lot of credit for MC success (and they are in part responsible for some of it) but it isn't as much as they want to claim.

I started playing MC in single player - as a lot of people did. I enjoyed it a great deal. I still keep several SP worlds going. I didn't know MP existed for a long time after I started playing.

Mr Fantasmo got me hooked on MC. It is the streamers and lets play folks who really let MC become what it is, and the fact that it is an awesome game.
    607 likes this.
  8. Let's keep the EULA discussion on the intended thread pl0x!
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  9. I love this, because at the start it lets you choose between single player, multi player, mods and texturepacks, options and quit :p