[Established] Farmland

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Mando_Din_Djarin, May 18, 2020.

1. Did a bit of calculations on how much space my planned Mega Iron Farm would take up. I'm looking at an 85x74 space to work with... and that's just the base. I haven't figured out yet how much space I'll need to sort the iron ingots from the poppies and drop said poppies into a Composter for bone meal.
  2. Scratch finding 2... I got 5 of them suckers, and one of them is in the middle of 'iceberg central', near an above water wrecked ship.

Also setting up a link from the desert outpost to the ocean outpost. And, much like my main outpost-desert outpost & main outpost-Wild S outpost links, it'll be housed in the Nether.
  3. Went back to Shulkercraft's Mega Iron Farm in single-player to try a few ideas out. So far, the separation of Iron Ingots & Poppies is working great, though it does get a bit of a build-up of Iron Ingots, preventing the Poppies from making it to the Composter. So, I got it planned out that, when I put in the storage space for the Iron & Bone Blocks (which will be put in across from the Iron Ingot/Bone Meal chests on the auto-sorter), have easy access to the last hopper before the sorting system begins to (as I will call it) Drain-O the hopper pipeline and drop the Ingots & Poppies off in their respective spots.

Which, on that note, did manage to get a SC of Iron Ingots in 15 minutes. Now, whether or not it'll be nerfed when I make it on the server, is a different story.

UPDATE: Ran it for a little over an hour and picked up 20 stacks + 46 pieces of Iron Blocks (and 7 Iron Ingots) & 33 Bone Blocks (with 3 pieces of Bone Meal). So, overall, not too bad. Really looking forward to getting this beast up & running on the server, not to mention opening it up for all to use. May actually add on some extra hoppers to the bottom chests for Shulker Box loading, much like what the Auto-Shearing Wool Farm on SMP3 has.
    UltiPig likes this.
  4. Been a bit since I've been here. In that time, I finished my auto-potion lab (making the farms and/or rails to the SMP3 Public Farms is next on the agenda for stocking up on potion ingredients) and started work on improving my Mob Farm.

But, instead of clearing out the space around my existing one (the aforementioned potion lab is too close), I'm clearing out space for a new one by my Woodland Mansion build (which still needs to be finished and turned into the new Trading Hall), with a Mining Storage building in place near it. The chests in the system go from Y-5 all the way up to Y-114 (meaning there's nearly 800 DCs total for storage) and there's a drop-off chest for depositing the mined materials from where I'm clearing out for the Mob Farm.

The cleared area will be down to Y-5, though the farm itself will start around Y-20 (plan to put in a Mob Drop Storage system in place underneath the farm) and I haven't decided on how many levels I want on the farm. But hopefully, this farm will help out a lot, in regards to getting a lot of Emeralds and piles of Gunpowder (for rockets & potions) & Bone Blocks.

In other news, I came across the following 1.18 Iron/Bone Meal Farm build by K1 Inc. I got plans to build this sucker too, but will have to find a good place to put it (since the 'Desert' Outpost has already been ear-marked for the Mega Iron Farm) and get the supplies gathered for it.

5. Man, haven't been here in a while. Got stuck with real life and nothing too note-worthy to post here.

But, after getting my Dig Site mining event going (and coming up with plans for a Technoblade statue), I'll be getting back to work on Farmland. A few changes are on the way. A big one is the addition of a 'Farmer's Market' room that'll have Master Farmers in it for turning the melons & pumpkins into Emeralds (thank you Bamfurlong for giving me that idea).

Also, with me having recently added the Litematica mod to my arsenal, I'll be using it to add a few farms that I was able to get World Downloads for (a la ShulkerCraft), one of which will be the new Mob Farm.

After I end the mining event & finish the Technoblade statue, I'll be back on Farmland and improving it.
    UltiPig likes this.
  6. Good news & bad news.

Good news is that I finished the Technoblade statue (just adding in a tunnel to it). Bad news is, my MC Launcher was acting up, so I'm having to use the Technic Launcher option to launch MC (without mods, so no Litematica).

However, I still haven't forgotten about Farmland. Been coming up with some ideas for new farms to put in. A couple of the ones that I'll get started on first are gunpowder & bamboo/sugar cane farms, then put in the Farmer's Market to 'deal' with the influx of crops I got being stockpiled as we speak.

Will probably need some assistance if & when I get around to making a guardian farm over in the 'ocean' outpost.

Update: I just realized that my upcoming Mob Farm 2.0 is gonna be going down further, since we can go down to Y -59 instead of Y 5... think that'll be a big enough mob farm?
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. While at work, I can up with the idea for a Rocket Factory. What it entails is just two farms, gunpowder & sugar cane. So my first project for Farmland is to make those two farm on an aerial platform (with access to it mainly by Elytra) and go from there.

Side note, my first Mob Farm (over by my auto-potion lab) is now 'fully' enclosed and the only light source really is the soul campfire killing platform, so production on that should be better.
    UltiPig likes this.
  8. Well, just came across the Mob Farm that I was gonna use in the hole that I'm digging over here on Farmland. Got some materials to get my hands on (more than likely in the course of digging said hole) for this build, but I should have it up before too long, I hope.

UltiPig likes this.
  9. Finished making the Farmer's Market room next to my Storage Facility. Be honest, it's more of a 'farm' for potion ingredients, since I have only Farmers & Clerics in it.

Anyway, I'm finally getting around to constructing a Nether Tunnel from the Desert Outpost to the Ocean Outpost, in case anyone has been wanting to build a Guardian Farm and haven't found a Monument to build it on (got 5 near the locked chest at the center of the Outpost).
    UltiPig likes this.
  10. While looking for build ideas on YouTube, I came across a YT user by the name of Danny, who has done build tutorials on the various structures, including Nether Fortress, Woodland Mansion and the Ancient City. Gonna use some of those vids to help improve the look of Farmland (the Ancient City one, I may use as the base for a Skulk XP farm).

Also, on the Nether Rail System I got in the works, I came across ShadenCraft and their library of build ideas, one of which was a rail system using deepslate & copper blocks. Looks like I got a reason to use all of that copper blocks I got stashed back in Mandalore.
    UltiPig likes this.
  11. An update on my Nether Rail System. How viable is the setup seen below (of course, ignore the double chest & crafting table in the picture)? Was planning to use it to connect the Desert Outpost to the Ocean one & upgrade the ones from Farmland to the Desert Outpost & the Nether end of the Wild S Outpost?

And yes, I plan to have a collection system in place for the minecarts.

UltiPig likes this.
  12. Well, I just got this thought in my head about giving my 'bulk' storage system a much-needed upgrade, by including the ability to fill shulker boxes. How I plan to do it is by using the system shown in the accompanied video by ilmango. If this works perfectly for me out here in Farmland, I'll upgrade Mandalore's storage system to the same.

UltiPig likes this.
  13. Since I'm a bit lazy on tearing down my current bulk storage system & replacing it with the one mentioned above, I figured that I go build a new one from the ground up. And, with the desert & ocean expansions to Farmland, I got plenty of space to choose the location for. Picked out a good spot near where I am planning to build that Mega Iron Farm (far enough away to not potentially lag out when I get the iron farm up & running) and marked out a 100x100 area for the construction.

Gonna flatten it out and start gathering resources for the bulk storage system (and a shulker unloader, for bringing the stuff over from the main area & possibly Mandalore (for when I upgrade Mandalore's storage system to the bulk/filled shulker level).
    UltiPig likes this.
  14. Going through this list at the Minecraft Fandom Wiki to get an idea on how many slices I'll need to build at the BSU (Bulk Storage Unit). Already looking like it's gonna be a headache to build, but worth it in the end.
  15. In the midst of planning out the BSU (expanded it to 120x120, to accommodate the redstone wiring), I got the urge to do a couple of build projects, 1 big & 1 small, and place them on my outpost.

The small build project is a replica of the Batmobile from the first series in the DC Animated Universe 'Batman the Animated Series'. This particular project is done to honor the late Kevin Conroy, who had passed away on November 11, 2022. It's location will be determined at a later date.

The big build project is the RMS Titanic (click the link for more details) and it's home will be in a Frozen Ocean biome that's near a group of Ocean Monuments (may actually put up an Ocean Monument above the water for a Guardian Farm BSU, once I get around to converting those Monuments into Guardian Farms).
  16. Though I won't get started on it for a while, I got plans for building a Medieval Castle out here in Farmland. Once I'm done with the Titanic & the BTAS Batmobile builds, I'll slowly start work on it, using Deepslate, Blackstone & Basalt materials instead of the materials used in the linked playlist.
  17. After dealing with the aftermath of what happened at the end of last month (details in my Life & Death thread), I'm hitting the Titanic build hard now (having Gold Support & access to the Utopia Wastelands helps a lot, along with gifts from users like AnonReturns, farmerguyson & PatchesMasterBlk).

As soon as I finish gathering the sand & gravel I need for the concrete (and turning it all into the Dyed Concrete Blocks), I'll be heading back to the Titanic buildsite and start work on it.

And, on the subject of the BTAS Batmobile build, I'll have that one parked over on Mandalore after I finish the Titanic Exterior build (which will hopefully be done by the end of next month).
    farmerguyson and UltiPig like this.
  18. Got to thinking about making a Guardian Farm myself. You guys think a Trident with max Loyalty, Impaling, Mending & Unbreaking would be enough to take out the Elder Guardians?

And the Farm design in question will be like the one featured in the video below, from the boys at ShulkerCraft.

19. Continuing from the previous post, I already got a spot to build the Guardian Farm. Found a Monument that's just a few blocks away from the starboard side of the Titanic build. So, before too long, I should have that farm built up and getting me some goodies (may have to put a small bulk storage unit nearby for the goods).