[Established] Catslair

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ShelLuser, Jan 27, 2017.

1. It took many in-game days (and many hours IRL ;)) but Aya & me managed to travel deep into the SMP9 Frontier, deep enough for the /map to stop displaying our surroundings and for the terrain to show 1.11 features (Llama's!). Based on that we believe to be far enough out to make things official. <keeps fingers crossed>

The Catslair outpost. Founders / owners: AyanamiKun & myself (ShelLuser). Deep within the SMP9 Frontier.

This is not the exact land, but it gives a very good impression of our surroundings :)

Obviously a locked chest has been placed....

I'd like the thread to be kept open, because I have some serious plans for it. That is: assuming we can establish the outpost here :)
  2. Looks like you guys need a gold farm built there.
  3. Cool!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what will be done with this! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Your outpost looks awesome. :) I don't even have an established one yet.
    BlinkyBinky, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  5. Catslair report
    Current overview of the 'founding' area

I know things aren't official yet, and I'm not even sure if I should actually post here, but the problem is that I need/want a bit of an outlet and it seems a bit silly to start new threads or try to make this topic "fit" into existing ones (even though it doesn't).

The first hurdle has been taken: we can sustain ourselves. Although the trip to get here was pretty brutal (my (iron) armor is literally falling to pieces) we also got plenty of stuff from it. Zombies for example often drop carrots and potatoes, and we stored those so that we could now plant them. Even though it's basically all the same I like having a bit of variety in food sources.

Garden: carrots on the left, potatoes on the right, and in the far right we have wheat

We also began setting up a bit of a storage so that it will be a bit easier to grab the building blocks which we need, and to keep an overview of them. Right now we're keeping mining activities to a minimum (only grabbing what we really need, like some iron for armor) but we are obviously preparing. So right now we managed to trap a few animals (cows and as soon as we got more carrots we'll also be able to get some pigs) and have a bit of a tree farm going.

First storage setup.

The fun part is that although that wall in the back may look natural it actually isn't ;) We cooked plenty of cobble to get regular stone (we don't have silk touch pickaxes available) and used that to make brick blocks as well as build that (/buildmode protected) stone wall :)

Projects

What is a Minecraft game without projects? :cool:

Right now we got a few projects planned, where two of them may start soonish (as soon as we gathered enough materials). The first is to build a regular house / storage and somehow connect this with the cave we got now. I'm probably going to try and work out some kind of underground tunneling system, but that needs to be planned first.

Possible location for a house (beach resort) which would become the main living space.

Second is to use a 'mountain cave' as some kind of base. I'm thinking about some kind of 'hub' from which you can reach other areas. Obviously this would be a project which will be jammed with redstone contraptions :)

Possible location for the 'cave project'.

But before we can do all this we'll have to gather some redstone base materials, nether quartz is an important ingredient to make comparators and repeaters. Next we also want to try and find a nether fortress or at least try and locate some blazes so that we can craft a brewing stand.

We already have a nether portal set up way down in the basement / mine (y5), also made it look decent and we've even secured / protected the portal on the other end (in the nether) so that it can't get dug out or shot out by accident (think about ghasts and such).

So yeah... it'll be a bit tedious because we brought little to no items ourselves, but that's going to be the challenge of the whole game.

At least we managed to solve one problem already:

No more outdoor beds, those are now located in a room right next to the current storage :D

(that's actually an advantage of playing at odd hours: you can use beds to skip through the night when there are no other players in the Frontier).
  6. Good progress mate. Hows the gold farm doing?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. None yet :)

Right now I'm really focusing on basics. Problem is: I hardly got any resources, which was all part of the game. So first things first: mining (when becoming established), resource gathering (mostly wood right now) and then we'll see about adding a few farms and other stuff :)
    cubefragment likes this.
  8. Established
    AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Thanks a bunch! Well, now I know what I'll be doing later this week :)
    Tuq_SolidColor and 607 like this.
  10. Txture pack? o.o
    Tuq_SolidColor likes this.
  11. 607 likes this.
  12. Have any new pics? I love seeing what others have built.
  13. Gratz Shel and Aya, have fun with the builds. :)
    AyanamiKun, ShelLuser and 607 like this.