Endertopia 2.0 Teaser Video

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm very sorry that you are in the situation you are, but I don't think it'd be fair to punish players that keep this server up and running because everyone can't afford to help like they can. We don't force them to help, they choose to do so. It'd kind of be like yelling at a car company for making Lexus and Lambos because I can't personally afford it and it's not far that those that can are able to drive them while I cant.

As for the remark about "many that could do coding", it's not like just plugging people in randomly and they can magically do it. It's a very special talent that we not only would have to find, but also trust to give access to the entire EMC code, which could not only do bad things to the players if abused, but let out a lot of secrets that we have that keep EMC special.

Yes, anyone can make a free survival server. However if nobody pays for it and it is truely freely hosted, you might get 10-2o people on it assuming you have NO plugins like we do. EMC is a lot more special than just loading up a "free survival server".
  2. I remember when all this was just fields. *Sobs*
  3. Looks more complex than it needs to be but still really cool :D
  4. @PandasEatRamen

It mostly boils down to EMC has a vision of what we want it in the LONG TERM.

We are not expecting to shut EMC down within a year or 2...

So we have to make sure everything is done professionally and according to a vision.

Why?

1) Professionalism: When its done, everyone will feel they have a polished result and really enjoy it.
    2) Less Change: If we rush stuff, then figure out how to make it better, people have to change to the new additions, then change again every time we make it better. Look at the shop debate... People are resistant to change.
    3) My own enjoyment: Being able to see an epic creation come to life based on vision is the enjoyment I get out of doing all this work.... If I was to rush stuff in with quick solutions instead of polished solutions, it would rob me of that enjoyment, and iritate me, then I wouldn't have much drive to do this for EMC... Then ultimatly EMC WOULD close because no-one is developing.
    4) New players: Remember when you joined? Remember how main features like Residences and shops were "complete" in feeling? That's what we want for all future new players... It would not be nice for them to join, see the polishedness of town, then when they go to the wild to claim land, they get some unpolished, hard to understand experience that is not consistent with the other parts of EMC.

However, this stuff I've all been envisioning and building for EMC is usually 5-15x in scale compared to the baseline EMC features. There is a lot more stuff involved, and then theres a lot of planning into the future with how each component will tie into each other.

As for bringing on new people, ICC explained it good in that talent + trust are 2 big deals, but then there's also quality.
    If a new person comes on, what if they want to work on something we don't feel fits into the vision of EMC? They will get iritated and then quit or worse, damage EMC. A new person would have to pretty much be dedicated to doing everything Id tell them to... Which if it was me in that position... I wouldn't be happy with that.

In the end, its a very risky idea to bring on someone, especially since none of our current staff are senior developers. We can not just pick out people at random and hand them the keys to the Empire, nor could we afford at this time to hire someone to work for us, or else we would be hiring me.... Then lots of stuff could get done with me working on it full time as a day job :)

I know it sucks its slow, but its for the best.

In unrelated or semi related news - I popped a 5 hour energy and broke my typical bedtime last night and got a good chunk of wastelands done.
  5. We are now in the process of setting up a new supporter rank that's sole purpose is buying 5 hour energy bottles and shipping them directly to Aikar.
  6. hmmm, what perks would this rank get lol
  7. The free sudden loss of money, an endless tab, a rich post office, a stamp collection, etc...

(seems totally worth it to me! XD)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  8. A sleepless Aikar, but alot more chunks completed :) lol

By the way IcC the endertopia 2.0 is looking great, can't wait to see it in person.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  9. *Bumps Thread*

Is the ETA still this weekend?
    (dont mean to bug you about it, I iz just so excited! :p)
  10. Looking like it. Not sure EXACT ETA but soon.
  11. ICC, The moment this comes out it'll be awesome. I knew gold needed a new perk. This is it, but I'm only getting it the second this comes out to spend the most possible time using the perks. Anyways great job. Also maybe if you try a 5 hour energy you can make the ETA tomorrow?
  12. In game IcC said that is is mostly done and is in the end already, he is just making some fixes ;)
  13. So ICC, if you have already claimed your res's do you still get a free endertopia res? without having to disclaim a res?
  14. It looks like they are separate from normal res's, as you not technically claiming them, just having container perms for them. But, they certainly won't be free.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  15. So IcC, how are you setting up selling the permissions for the ender lots? Some kind of in game store or just PMing you guys and letting you know what we want?
  16. I'm not really aware of a way to automate permissions with shops or anything, so more than likely the latter.
  17. i would totally do this if i got to pick the colour of my name lol
  18. can't wait for release..
  19. I know, I vote we all send IcC 1 5 hour energy each so he can finish > : D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.