Empire Groups Part 2: Perk & XP Sharing!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 26, 2013.

1. win.
    dis i luv
  2. This is great, especially with people going out in groups to hunt new mobs. Awesome work Aikar!
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  3. How true, I didn't know I was waiting for it, but I'm sure going to enjoy it! :D
  4. you already have the perk of getting ALL the loots
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. A lot of what we're adding in the future works on the basis of working with others, including Dragon Tombs. Time to make some friends. :)
  6. Well, as stated above, the benefits of being a lone wolf is all the XP and loot for JUST you.
    cadgamer101 and PenguinDJ like this.
  7. You guys do get credit. Instead of having to split XP/Loot with others, you get the ultimate reward of all spoils upon completion. Those that wish to play with others, get a little less personally, but can complete the task faster more than likely.

We would like to encourage groups, but, they are not a requirement. You can still go out a kill things and grab all the loot yourself. Those that have to share anyways, we give a little boost of certain features, but, remember, they do have to split everything.

So if you want to be a lone wolf, cool. If you want to be in a group, thats cool too.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and PenguinDJ like this.
  8. So out on smp1 testing with a few others and all i can say is as follows

smooch is sassy

The addition to the group feature is amazing and i can see this doing a lot of good. it'll bring more people together out in the wild. The buff's, if kept up are amazing and i can see people doing a multitude of thing's to create a combination of buff 's to use to their advantage out in the wild

As for lone wolfs i can see it being possibel if you have the right mindset and attention span to keep track of everything "if only there were a system or plugin in place to help watch everything with this awesome update"

As for the /group score command this can be use by any one in the group to track the stats and score of you group. Once your group hits a per determined score you obtain the buff and quite simple can go to town

Mining: gives haste buff - easy enough to keep up and can be obtained by either mining of digging as a group

Mob killing: gives resist buff - this one can be a little harder to obtain and keep up "kill stuff friend or foe"

These would be the only two buffs we had chance to see tonight im sure there are more to come. The more people in the group the easier buffs like mining can be kept up. as for killing either at night of ina mineshaft this one can be tricky
  9. Pure awesomeness
    Deathtomb8953 likes this.
  10. Anyone here in a mining group maybe on smp 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 that I can join temporary or maybe perm to try this out?
  11. Finally, something that's actually worth being in a group an addition to groups! We knew it was coming sooner or later, and there's gonna be more to come, I hope! :cool:
    What's wrong with 1, 2, 4, and 9? You hatin', bro? :p
  12. OzNyKxM.gif

Sorry, I just had to. :D
  13. Nothing wrong at all with any of them, I have a res on all of them and dont want to go far out mining :). 9 was on my request list though fyi.
  14. Yay stuff I wish muffins were in this update I love muffins
    Baby_Cookies likes this.
  15. I think EMC should nerf people that play by themselves. Wouldn't that be unfortunate. jk
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and _Stads_ like this.
  16. I'll be your friend :)
  17. I'm very impressed! This is awesome!
  18. This is amazing! Thanks for all the great updates lately. :)
  19. This is a good excuse to make friends. "Hey, can I join your group and help mine or kill mobs, etc..." I like the way this is going.

Would it be possible to make a way to see what and where groups were currently active. Give the group the choice to be hidden or visible and open or closed. This way I could check out the live map or some other way to see where I might join up with a group.

It's very hard for me to know what time and for how long I will be playing on any given day. That has been the biggest reason for me going out alone so much.

Another great feature would be to see what active groups are earning b4 I join and how long they have been grouped. It might be worth a longer walk to join a group doing the thing I want to do.

I understand that this is a new feature, I don't know how flexible it is. I'm just throwing out ideas

Great Update!
    cddm95ace and 607 like this.
  20. xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.