Empire Firework

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hades4000, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Did you get the bonus here, Hades? http://empireminecraft.com/threads/merry-christmas-empire-minecraft.19244/
    nerone94 likes this.
  2. As pab said, that bonus should take you lmost completely there.
  3. i couldnt get the bonus because i already had it before the empire firework was out. and then spent it all. :(
  4. lol i bought 17 empire fireworks
    72Volt and nerone94 like this.
  5. my friend sells DC's of dirt for free, and i dont even buy them anyways, so no. thx for the offer though i might take a Chest of it later throughout 2013
  6. h o l y

c r a g
  7. rich and board what else are u exposed to do :D
  8. ... So did Michael really give him the money?
  9. .....Yes creepin sadly the cat man gave him the money
    Michael_Nolan likes this.
  10. I don't think you should enable beggars.

This is a set of servers with an economy. Not economy-based, but nevertheless it has an economy. An economy orientates individuals to work in their own self-interest for the good of everyone. This usually involves trade, with one party acting as a producer and the other party acting as a consumer. The consumer pays money, his reward for producing something for someone prior to this incident, and the producer delivers a good to the consumer.

In the trade you propose, one party produces a good (in this case 18,000 rupees) and the other party consumes it, but pays nothing. How is it fair that you should get the money having produced nothing for Michael?

You could argue it happens because of 'kindness', but that kindness benefits a single person; you. A donation scenario occurs when one wishes to create something for the good of the community, not when someone wants something for nothing.

I'm an economist. I study the means of allocating scarce resources in economies to create maximum efficiency. This is not one of those means. The universal starting point of economics is that humans have infinite wants. Why should Michael have none of his wishes fulfilled just so you can have your huge sum of money handed to you on a plate? I mean, eighteen thousand rupees is a lot of money. I wouldn't mind it myself, but if I really wanted it? I'd go out and work for it. This behaviour is inefficient by every definition. Michael has produced goods, met the wants of people, received money and enriched the economy, you haven't.

From your previous behaviour on the forums, including your argument that if someone is unhappy with spamming, they can just 'not look at it', and your thread created with the sole intention of promoting another thread, I believe it would be appropriate to follow the following advice:
    1. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
    2. Disrupting forum activity through spamming is not our problem because we refuse to not look at it, it's yours because you're being rude. The moderators are primed to intercept such disruptions.
    3. Use common sense.
    Iceraider14 and Daxter9133 like this.
  11. *facepalm...
    Michael, why would you? Well...
    Daxter9133 likes this.
  12. I agree with most of what u said....... but there will always be beggers
  13. You all take this game way to seriously. I'm proud of my favorite strange cat boy. If more people were like him, the world would be a better place. It is just money, fake money at that.
    Michael_Nolan and Hades4000 like this.
  14. Not necessarily. 2-point solution to the begging problem:
    1. Make work with good pay readily available.
    2. Stop people funding beggars.
  15. He's stifling economic activity on EMC by funding beggars.
    And as for your definition of rupees as 'fake money', rupees enable one to gather resources for creative projects, giving real value to one's leisure time. Due to this value, they are not fake, they merely only exist as virtual data. Virtual does not mean fake.
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  16. Oh melody why did i tell u about this.......

There are alot of shops that buy materials, why cant they take the time to gather resources like the rest of the rich ppl on EMC.
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  17. Yeah Michael is nice and all, but he gave Hades what he wanted and now he'll beg again later.
    Daxter9133 likes this.
  18. Thanks melody. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.