Emojis on the empire

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by StgbtL, Oct 26, 2016.

?

emojis? :3

yes 5 vote(s) 38.5%
no 7 vote(s) 53.8%
see my post below :) 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Facepalm*
    Here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ur...ne.php?term=white girl&amp=true?client=safari
  2. You're not understanding mine. The fact that when i use that term its not racist its either funny or steritypical
    LizzieDestiel likes this.
  3. I didn't want to continue this, but you're clearly not "getting it," so let's be a bit more clear:
    -This is called a stereotype, something you should have learned about in elementary school.
    "A widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing."
    -In this case, because you used the word "whitest," that makes it a racist stereotype. As Soul pointed out, if you had said "black" or "mexican" or [insert ethnicity here], you'd have practically everyone of said ethnicity on these forums looking to tear you a new orifice or two.

Whether you want to admit it or not, that was racist, and I strongly urge you not to make such statements in the future.

EDIT: Okay, so you do know what a stereotype is. Good. Now please mentally connect the rest of those dots.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. -_- you guys arent understanding at all, i feel like you have never been on the internet before, obiously your on the internet now but its like youve never went past minecraft.
    -there are these things called "memes" and "internet definitions" if you look up mexican girl or black or whatever you said,its rasist as the internet doesnt define it differently. However the internet (which i have obiously been on) shows "white girl" as meaning someone whos roch and shows off and blah blah blah.
    So when you made that insert of "poorblack girl" in my eyes, it was like i said

"I like making memes"

And you say "you are a terrible person! Blah blah blah quote: thats like saying "i like slaughtering small children" and not "i like making memes"

So basically, not only am i an american who belives he can express himself in such way, and myself being white, therefore having no reason to actually want to be rasist torwards whites, i know a great knowlage of the internet which is definatly a different language in a way. If you want to continue telling me im rasist for speaking differently, go ahead, im taking 2 people who belive against me in an arguement, id stay with my belif even if the whole empire and aikar himself believe i was a rasist for using that statement.
  5. How do you guys get into a debate over an emoji thread....
    ShelLuser and SoulPunisher like this.
  6. I'm done with this after this post, I promise. I honestly expected this to be a two post ordeal, but clearly not.
    I will have you know I'm no stranger to offensive jokes. I live in a country whose humour thrives off that, and I regularly indulge in humorously picking apart every race, culture, whatever you can think of - even my own. My friends and I give eachother offensive stereotypical nicknames based off our family backgrounds - for example, I'm 'the refugee' due to my dad's grandparents being refugees. I love that stuff.

However, offensive jokes - or 'memes', if you prefer - have no place on this server. I found that out the hard way. This is a family friendly server, and you saying something about a racial stereotype - even if it's as common as you think it is (but so is calling a person of colour a certain word, that doesn't make it right to say on EMC) - doesn't fly right with me.

I apologise for causing this argument on a thread about frigging emojis, but I feel it has to be said - it's not appropriate for EMC. You can argue about my inexperience with the internet (not true) and my not going outside of the Minecraft bubble (also very untrue) all you want, but I won't sit by and see you say something like that when had it been about any other racial or ethnic background, a dozen people would have jumped on you for blatant racism.
    Seems to me like you need practice your first language before you go off learning new languages.

I'm sorry. That was an easy jab. I had to take it. I'm only joking. It's common to make jokes about people's spelling, and I thought it would be a good meme if I put that in here. I apologise.

Asking myself the same question lol. I'm guessing it's because emojis are such a boring topic nobody wants to talk about them anymore?
    TomvanWijnen and Kephras like this.
  7. hehehe
    TomvanWijnen and SoulPunisher like this.
  8. #NinetyPercentOfTheLastThreeYearsSkypeConvos ayyy lmao
    nfell2009 likes this.
  9. Prople always tell me that, im not keyboardwarrioring on a 100$ razor keyboard im typing on a miniature iphone keyboard. Lot harder than you think.

10. Said it better than I could. Book Tiger approves.

Well yeah, you're using an iPhone. There's your first mistake right there. ;)
    #sorrynotsorry
    Defne_The_Boss and SoulPunisher like this.
  11. Pretty sure your iPhone has auto-correct. You missed the apostrophe in "I'm", and put a lowercase "p" in iPhone. Both of which your phone would correct or at least tell you to correct.
  12. To my knowledge, an iphone keyboard does not auto-correct. :p
  13. Well it didnt
    I disable autocorrect its annoying af so deal with my typing or dont read my shit
  14. And closed...
    ShelLuser, Dufne, BenMA and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.