Emojis on the empire

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by StgbtL, Oct 26, 2016.

?

emojis? :3

yes 5 vote(s) 38.5%
no 7 vote(s) 53.8%
see my post below :) 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOW look my friends... i know we have the cute, basic smilies, the happy face, the mad face but what about emojis? what if i want to put the poo emoji right here, oh look no emojis...

Dont yall wish that emojis were on the empire!:p

~Mew
    Wolfgamer1234 likes this.
  2. its a known issue. the database server has to be manipulated to support them which is a time consuming task :/
    megmewX likes this.
  3. No.
  4. well... what about more smilies? :3
  5. Who says we can't have emoji's?

(ok, agreed, it's a little more difficult to use this way :D)
  6. ;-;
  7. fair point *poo emoji* >:)
  8. I just don't see the appeal behind emojis. I'm fine with the smilies that we already have.
    ShelLuser and SoulPunisher like this.
  9. I think it's a great idea, but I think when it comes to getting them, they should be on the end of the list of things to add to the server. Great idea :D
  10. Whenever someone uses the crying face emoji i literally picture them as the WHITEST RICH GIRL IN LITERALLY THE WORLD
  11. I could see this as a good idea. I like to use them :p but when people start going like this

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

it gets out of hand, and will probably require a slight alteration to the rules
  12. This. I can see their use on things like Twitter and in texting - things that don't have emoticons/smilies, but EMC already has those. Emojis serve no use here and I really don't want to see posts here peppered with poop emojis and that annoying crying with laughter one.

I'd be on board if the smilies weren't here and people wouldn't write stuff with a billion of them at the end of sentences - but they would. I think I'd intentionally clothesline myself on a ceiling fan if I ever saw that here.

Currently screaming internally from your evident lack of knowledge on culture and the racism in this post. :oops:
    TomvanWijnen, Dufne and Kephras like this.
  13. *cue the "how about no" bear*
    I am relieved to know that integrating the more vapid and mindless aspects of social-media culture into EMC is too much work for Aikar. There are times I'm glad our Xenforo is an outdated jury-rigged mess.
    jkjkjk182, ShelLuser, Kytula and 3 others like this.
  14. Huh its obiously not rasist unless you consider emojis a race...
  15. It may shock you to realize this, but it is possible to say racist things about white people as well.

Also, I want to literally smack you for abusing the word "literally" like that. :p
  16. Allow me to evaluate what you said and expand on why I was annoyed by your comment.

As you can see, the problem I have is not me considering emojis as a race of people, but your 'whitest rich girl' in the world remark. Allow me to further evaluate on the context by doing some role switching in your statement.
    Had you said the above remark, I don't think that would go down too well with... anyone on these forums, to be honest.
    Kephras likes this.
  17. Lol calling someone what and rich is not racist ots actually normal, when you see the blonde taking snapchat selfies withthe dog filter using her 900$ iphone 7+ wearing 300$ beats studio and a shitton of makeup and gold braclets rings and neclaces woth diamonds on them, its not racist to call them rich and white.

Dont compare apples to oranges.
    LizzieDestiel likes this.
  18. A sight I have literally never seen and also a remark that isn't normal where I'm from(I say this is a person coming from one of the poorest areas of Europe :)).

(also why is s/he blonde lol?)

But sure, if that validates you disregarding about 87 ethnicities and the millions of working class white people and making what would be a fairly racist remark if you said it about someone of African origin, go ahead.

This is literally a thread about emojis lmao
    Candlewax, Dufne and Kephras like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.