EMC Shop Database

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by raenis, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah you're right, I didn't have any buy items selected. :) Thanks for fixing it.
  2. Now I know I have at least a few more things I want to add on, but the current functionality is spot on I think in terms of how it's supposed to work. That said, the key thing I'd like to get rolling is getting more shop owners to add their shops to the database and spreading the word about its availability so people know where to look to search through available shoops. If anyone would like to help out with that, please feel free to do so. Just don't forget to still follow EMC's rules while doing so. And if you get people to come along, don't forget to have them vote for their server's mob icon. I'd hate to have to make all of the servers different colored sheep for lack of decent input. :cool:
  3. Wow. What a fantastic creation :)
  4. I finally was able to submit my shop!!! (from my phone, XD)
    But there should be a like button. Because I would spam it for both Blood and Leo's shops. (Although I would do the same for any well-deserving merchandise establishment.)
  5. I'll get around to adding that like/recommend button. For the time being I've got a lot of stuff going on at work with inspections coming up, and my boyfriend is getting terribly cranky about me spending so much time staring at code in NetBeans, so I'm going to take a short break on features while I collect more votes for server mob icons and get more people into the database. I'll still fix bugs as they are reported to me, of course. Nothing worse than an ugly old bug in your delicious cake-that's-totally-not-a-lie.
    thecontroller likes this.
  6. Inspections? If you don't mind what is it that is being inspected?
  7. The store. I'm an assistant manager of a convenience store/truck stop. It's a bit hectic on normal days, and with inspection coming up it's a lot hectic, as I'm sure you can imagine.
    thecontroller likes this.
  8. I know it's been asked for sure, but this thread is too long! How does one determine what's "fair" on an item?
  9. Look around. Normally a 'low' price would be a considerable chunk less than 'fair', although I'm mostly guessing. Fair prices will probably reflect the supply and demand of the community.
  10. Uhoh. I thought it meant how much of the item there was. :(
  11. The Low, Fair and High indicators are not for prices, but for Stock Level. If you have a very limited stock, choose Low. If your stock of that item is moderate (about a 33-66% full chest), choose Fair. If you have a whole bunch of that item (67-100% full chest), choose High.

You thought correctly :D

EDIT: Note to self: Write up a FAQ and also place instructions on editing pages.
  12. Oh thank god. :D
  13. Oh. Guess I was wrong then :(
  14. Well, on a bright note it appears that my browsing/search listing pagination code works without any problems. Yay!

But I'm pretty sure there's more than 21 shops between 8 server's full of players. I need suggestions on how to get more people to add their shops into the database!
  15. Ask Justin to put it on the News maybe?
  16. Well sure, I suppose that's an option. I'm just leery about requesting stuff to be newsified or stickied simply because I know how annoying it can be sometimes. But if I can't get much further than I am, I may go that route.
  17. I don't think he'd mind, this is just a great service and you've put so much effort into it. :)
  18. Get him to add an official link on the main site. I'll add it to my sig to spread it around, though.
  19. Thumbs up!...all in one shop listing.....Great Job!
    raenis likes this.
  20. Thanks, Xis6siX. I visited your shop after seeing it on the database. Looks awesome!
    Xis6siX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.