EMC Shop Database

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by raenis, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I believe you're missing some potions, there are some more variations on the poison and harming potions I think and splash health potions.
  2. createshop.php is the proper filename for creating a new shop, but you probably just got lucky enough to have been trying to access it at the exact moment I was uploading an edit to the page. My IDE uses a "safe" uploaded method which uploads the new file first with a different file name, then renames the original to something different before finally renaming the uploaded file to the original file name and deleting the old file.

As for the potions, I probably am missing a few. I'll happily get them added in if I can get a list of what's not there.

Thanks for adding your shop, apamment!

In response to a suggestion about making it possible to add enchanted items to the list as well, I'm formulating a way to do that without having to make an array containing all possible enchantment combinations on all possible items. So that should be added once I get all the styling out of the way.
    apamment likes this.
  3. When you view a shop, the "hand" cursor appears when you mouseover the items, but you can't click on them. :)
  4. what's the passphrase for?

and why would a slime ball not be under mob drops?

Nvmd :) looks awesome. shop submitted
  5. Disciple, that's for logging into your store and making changes to it (aka password).
  6. I'll edit the class :p

You mean on the shop creation/edit pages? If so, it's so you can login via the home/search pages to edit your shop later. It's also used to generate your unique quick-edit link that you receive when you create a shop that you can bookmark to go directly to your shop's edit page.

If you enter a passphrase on the Edit Shop page, it will change the password for your shop, and generate a new quick-link for you, which will be presented on the success page for the edit.
  7. Oh, and I suppose I'll go ahead and say this: First Post Updated! New Information listed there!
  8. No, Slimeball should be under Mob Drops, shouldn't it? It's under Crafting right now.
  9. I always think of it, and a few of the others as Crafting materials. But you're right. Changed.
  10. Back to this: I believe I have them all on there now. I didn't include the data values for "Extended Double Strength" type potions because they aren't available through brewing.
  11. Awesome job man.. Can I recommend a change on the front page?

My first impression was visual. Looks great, but there's a lot of negative space there. If there was something to compliment the background of the page, or maybe the center of the page (like a washed out or darkly shadowed image that matches the theme of the page) it would look nice, wouldn't it? I would keep anything relatively dark or obscured so that it doesn't become distracting, but some arrangement that melts into the background may compliment the front page well.

If you wanted to add something that is functional and visually pleasing, maybe just some clickable art that can give the shopper an option to search by server, taking them directly to shops for SMP whatever. I know I would prefer to browse by server. Maybe just a simple shop sign image that says SMP1, SMP2, etc and links to those listings? Maybe each server could be represented by a mob. Something fun :) Or even have a rotating "featured shop" (a feature you already thought of for top page) for each server, and use that player's avatar for the link to that SMP's listings. Right now the search options are by item or the list on the bottom.

Just some thoughts.
  12. Actually, there's more search options, I just didn't place them on the front page. I could easily do that quickly... and done.

There -is- a lot of empty space. A background image might not be a bad idea. I'll look something up or crank one out. Just something to take the edge off the black void it is now, like you said.

Adding direct links to searching by server might be a good idea, since a LOT of the searches I think are going to be focused on the user's home server. I'll see what I can do there. And suggestions on mobs to do that with? Otherwise I'll go with the signs, since signs are integral to the shop process.
    BloodDisciple likes this.
  13. wow, just like that :D

I dunno... the mobs mascots would probably have to go up for vote. I vote creeper for SMP2 :) We'd run out eventually though, with new servers being added.

I wonder if you could get a link to the catalogue featured on this site, or a sticky for a thread on the catalogue...
  14. This is brilliant Raenis! Makes it so easy to browse shops and see what items they carry, just added my store on SMP6... maybe i missed it but i didnt see arrows anywhere on your list, wouldnt that be under mob drops or crafting?
  15. Here's a list of the potions not in the list that I sell:

Splash Potion of Harming II - 16428
    Splash Potion of Poison II - 16420
    Splash Potion of Poison Extended - 16452

Also, more of the extended, strong versions of splash potions are missing.

It's looking really great so far, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. The icons for potions and records are all the same, would it be possible to change their colours to represent the potion like in the game? It would help finding them on the lists easier

2. Would it be possible to have a buy section as well, this way people who want to sell an item could look up to see which shops are buying that item.

anyway, good job so far :)
    BloodDisciple likes this.
  16. Currently I have arrows listed under Tools, actually. My logic went that a Bow is a weapon, therefore a tool, and arrows are used with Bows, so they must also be tools.
    I saw the data values for those other splash potion types, but I wasn't aware that you could brew a splash potion of anything but the base version of the potion. I'll add them. Admittedly, I've never played with potion brewing.

As for the icons, the sprites file I grabbed only had images for the gold and green discs, so at the time I just chose one and went with it. I could add the other colors to the file and correct the style rules for them. Additionally, users of chrome may notice a little bleed-over from the sprites below or above the proper sprite for the item in question. I've not yet figured out why this is, but I'm looking for a fix. In the meantime I don't think it really affects anything.

Adding a section for listing the items that you also buy isn't a bad idea. I can do that. It'd basically just be copying the form for adding items to sell and applying a different field name to the check boxes so it can be stored in a separate field in the database. If I add the buying items, I'll probably tabulate the view shop page so there's a tab for Selling Inventory and Buying Inventory.
  17. I tried to add my shop but the server selctor thing wouldn't open and let me choose which server :(
  18. I'd agree that arrows are tools... that skellys carry. Bones is their 'drop'. A gold sword is a weap... that pigmen carry (and I don't think they drop). In any case, agreed.

The buy/sell thing sounds good too. I'm sure you could think of a good way to present that.
  19. A vote would be cool, though with eight servers already up and running and more to come, it might get a little unruly. Maybe a googledoc form for it instead of forum polls? Might help keep the forums cleaner. Also, don't forget, mobs includes animals, and with sheep alone we have 16 possiblities. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.