EMC Shop Database

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by raenis, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just an idea, but possibly something like facebook for each shop res? For example I would make the 3043 page and upload some pics, prices, list items, etc. This way it could include a lot more info so one would not have to visit the shop in person to decide if they like it or not.
    Squizzel_Boy and mtp1997 like this.
  2. I havent got any answer about the purpose we [delta Team] made to him, but i can answer you by our side that the pic uploading, items listing and price listing its all on our to-do stuff :)
  3. Adding the ability to upload an image or two of your shop is an idea I can play with. As I mentioned before, however, I feel that not listing prices is the best way to go. That way, players would still have to do some work to find shops they enjoy as well as the best prices. Keeps the competition healthy, and running a shop should require the work of checking in on other shops to keep up with pricing trends. There WILL be an area to enter a more verbose description of your shop so you can tell players if you're having a sale or whatnot.

If an overwhelming number of players insist on prices being available, I'll likely add it, but my view currently is that it's a bad idea.
    BloodDisciple and apamment like this.
  4. I'm still thinking it over, Copherfield. Working together with someone sounds nice, but I'm not sure about it just yet. And besides that, if I do decide to do so, having more working code could only benefit us, I feel.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  5. That's totally up to you bro, I believe it would be nice because we could provide professional hosting, a great design and a more advanced layout (based on profiles and rated+commented stores) :)
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  6. That's a really good idea I was thinking that too xD
  7. Hosting is hosting, as long as the uptime is good, servers aren't too laggy and it has the features you need. I have some reservations about using Wordpress as a base for a shop catalogue, too. But yeah, I'll let you know for sure once I make up my mind.
  8. I Love this Idea...Great thinking :D
  9. Well, got a little behind due to my partner complaining that I should come to bed last night instead of staying up as I intended. That said, I've just got a couple more sections to finish before it can be tested by others to catch things I may not have thought of.

Going to update the main thread to include status information.
  10. When you do get this up and running, I'd love to test it to try and find any hugs or errors :D
    EDIT: Bugs, LOL
  11. If you find any hugs in my work, I'll definitely want to know about it. Ha!
    PThagaard and shaunwhite1982 like this.
  12. You should make the icons clickable too, so when you click a block image, the checkbox gets checked. It's annoying to have to click the tiny checkboxes :)
  13. I was having SUCH a derp moment making that work. Once I did, I was like, "Well don't I feel dumb?"
  14. Lol, sorry about the hugs. XD
  15. OP updated. Most of the core functionality is present and working now. Needs testing with data and use like it would see normally. I'll be working on getting it styled, because I know it's ugly as sin right now.
  16. If you need any help/review before/after your done, in order to optimize the coding or make it secure, let me know.

Edit: Without knowing how good you are - then questions in my PM folder is also welcome.
  17. As far as I know, EMC shop database project it's already up and running :)
  18. It works now. I'm still working on styling it to make it look decent. I actually really need more shop entries so I can be sure the paging system works.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.