EMC newspaper

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by rock00888, Sep 29, 2012.

?

What's a good price for an EMC newspaper

1-15 rupees 13 vote(s) 32.5%
15-20 rupees 13 vote(s) 32.5%
20+ rupees 21 vote(s) 52.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. damn i wanted that
  2. FUN FACT: If you Google Bookz mod, the mod request is the second result.
  3. Currently, the newspaper is progressing (slowly). I am not sure of a release date yet, because i only have 2 articles. I would like it if more people wrote and submitted articles. The requirements for articles is that they must be EMC or minecraft related, and that they must not exceed a page. I am looking for quick under a half a page typed articles. If your article is accepted you will receive 100r. To submit an article please start a private conversation with me on the forums and post your article (via link of copied and pasted in) somewhere in the first message.
    I would also like to address the distribution of the newspapers, currently i only have people for smps 3, and 6 no one else has contacted me. If you would like to distribute the newspapers for another smp, please start a conversation with me on the forums. Thank you!
  4. Still looking for articles, I only have 2 so far, 100r to most articles submitted! Sooner I get enough, the sooner the newspaper is published!
  5. Not sure how you'll manage this, but when you figure it out- I'll be a 'subscriber' to your periodical. ^__^

Also- Could I pay a fee ahead of time?
    Also- Are you planning on making a massive; cow, squid, chicken, sugar cane farm?
    Also- A fair price of a weekly article is 100r, IMO. (Considering time and effort and materials.)
    Also- You can make a newstand, put a written article in a chest, make a [ACCESS] <Paying Sub> sign. ???. Profit.

GOOD LUCK!
  6. Ok everyone, after some thought i have decided to raise the price for an article. I will pay 225r for an article, however a newspaper will now have to cost more (price will go down if more are sold). Articles are simple little things sent to me on the forums that don't need to be very long, I may reject some (a microscopic fraction
    ), but if i do you can edit it and resubmit it. I will also be hiring all and any writers who will write more than one article per week. the pay will be 300r per article, but you must submit at least 2 per week. If you are interested, contact me No final release date yet, but it will come soon once i get 6 or so articles. All of the newspaper distributes i will need you to communicate with me on a price for the newspapers, and with an estimated quantity you will need. One last thing, i will need people to help me copy paste all of the newspapers, if ur interested contact me.:)
    smp3: alexhallon :cool:
    smp5: Rainbowchin :cool:
    smp6 Theepic5 :cool:
    If you want to distribute newspapers, contact me.
    Questions, comments? comment below or send me a pm ;)
  7. I'd pay for a few at a time and set up a mailbox outside my res.
    rock00888 likes this.
  8. I think 20 is a fair price. At first, I thought it was stupid that they'd cost so much. But then I remembered that there would need to be money to pay for supplies, and people need to work... so it does even out.
  9. I like the mailbox idea, but that really isn't up to me, i will leave that to the people dispensing them to decide. I am also allowing people to buy ad space. It will cost 15r per line. As always i am still looking for articles, they do not need to be long, 2-3 paragraphs, you may have more, and I am still paying 225r for each. I think that is an excellent amount of pay for the amount of work required.
    Questions? Comments? Start a conversation with me on the forums, pm me in the game, or comment below for awnersers/comments.;)
  10. OK, the master copy of the elusive first edition has at last been completed! Although the first edition will not be released until the 26 (11-26-12). I m still accepting ads. The printing will commence on Monday of next week. i will be out of town over the weekend so start a conversation with me on the forums if u want an ad spot, i will respond Sunday afternoon.
    zulu9 likes this.
  11. Bump: are you still doing this?
    (don't yell at me for bumping >.>)
  12. I'll do it for SMP9! :D
  13. I'll deliver for Smp4. Also, why is everyone voting 20+? That's how much YOU have to pay. Not how much you will be getting.
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  14. I'm not doing my library anymore, so I can't deliver for SMP3, sorry.
  15. I would like to be a subscriber if EMC newspaper still going and not 60r+.
  16. I'm your guy for SMP9. :p