EMC is Officially 1.3 + NEW DB SERVER

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Bug: items disappear, or do not go into chests sometimes. (lost 64 Sugar Cane, and 1 Obsid. didn't go into chest.)
  2. They are working on protecting Ender Chests. but until then Anybody Can use them and you can't lock them yet
  3. Being able to access the Ender Chest is not the issue. We are working on a way to protect them from being destroyed or stolen.
    No one can steal the inventory of your Ender Chest, only you can view, remove from or add to your personal EC Inventory. Your data is stored to your personal profile. The only way for someone to steal those items is to steal your account and transfer your items to their character.

If you want further understanding of Ender Chests, do a Google search for Ender Chest MOD. :)
    I don't know if Mojang asked for permission or not, but this is exactly how it functioned in SSP when it was just a user made MOD. ;)

Also, there will be a snapshot tomorrow.... Just check out Jeb_'s Twitter....
  4. COMPLAINT

waaah!

mobs and blocks laggy. I died trying to kill a skeleton at daybreak. It wouldn't move or get hit. Then I mysteriously started taking damage til I died, losing a full inventory with near-stack of emeralds and ender eyes. COMPLAINING!

I'll also chop at 5 blocks only to be knocked back with 4/5 of the blocks still intact.

Maybe just standard server building worlds stuff, but dang!

...DANG!!
  5. ok
  6. I noticed that items of the same kind don't pile up automatically anymore. It is now a pain to farm. :(
  7. You cannot expect for ALL these massive servers to be updated to a NEW version of the game and there not be some lag. With the amount of plug-ins EMC has which will need tweaking, you need to be patient and let be fixed/settle itself down.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  8. The enderchest is basically the same thing as /vault, except that
    - It is not cross-server
    - It does not cost rupees
    - You open it by clicking instead of using a /command
    - You do not have to be in town to use it.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  9. So, has the spawn rate in town been increased, or is tall grass going to do this all the time?

hayleycolgan likes this.
  10. You seem to have something of a wildlife problem...
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  11. That's a lot of animals... wow.
  12. You didn't place these? :confused:
  13. Um, think I might've found one. I destroyed my cocoa bean farm, ten minutes later it was back there. All te wood/dirt/water was fine. Probably lag but I thought id post this.
  14. this will do 2 things for our economy, one it will emanate the Cooke black makes, an create a market for bools
  15. People on smp3 started saying what the could trade with villagers so I said... Diamond Pick+3 Emeralds=Diamond Pick Silk Touch 1 (I really do have this villager) and they all went Where? Where? Omg! Where? Where? And I just left. Yeah... kind of a mistake. I mean I'm fine with people trading with my villagers, but there were like 20 people asking.
  16. I love 1.3 it's so much fun making signs now! and also writing books :D
  17. I agree. I already made a book. I'm thinking about making like mysteries that people have to solve on my server.
    lolliepoppet likes this.
  18. Well they arnt exactly required to ask for permission lol.

The mod version was not patented, nor did mojang likely use any of their code, so no legal issues there.

Not like the mod author can sue mojang over it, as the mod is a 'game hack' which crosses into legal grey areas (blizzard won case against game hackers, and some have pushed for game hacks to be DMCA violations, but then the phone hacking scene has made hacking stuff you bought sort of legal... so its grey)
  19. It's not a legal gray - It's completely legal - Check the Minecraft T@C's
  20. Oh right, for about that.

Though, i'm not sure if you can even patent game design ideas, otherwise the MMO scene would be vastly different.