EMC is Officially 1.3 + NEW DB SERVER

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Will enderchests work cross server?
  2. Not currently. The future can hold many features since we have a very skilled coder running the server. :)
  3. Try asking that outside of our News Posts. :)
  4. I was just trying. But I have this bet going that there will be emeralds on the market with six hours of updating.
  5. No confusion on my part. I was trying to answer SkyDragon's question as well as describing what other things I had observed while experimenting:
    Maybe I should have just responded with "Yes".
  6. Ha! There were emeralds on the market six minutes after updating.
    mba2012 likes this.
  7. I sure hope so because me and my friend ventured very far into some 1.3 chunks hoping we can transport resources to and from our base using the enderchests (cross server). We found we couldn't, so we're stranded now :S
  8. removing placed string on ground brings up res info every now and then.
  9. Enderchest question.
    I have a large mine. I spend a lot of time shuttling cobble and ores back to town.
    Could I put 8 enderchest in the wild, one in town and retrieve all items from my 1 in town chest?
  10. In regards to the ender chest situation, only YOU can see the items in both chests. If you, Bill and Joe put some items into an ender chest, then you will all see what YOU only put in and not what Bill and Joe put in. You can't put some items in on one res, make another chest and have them place it and check. It will be a different inventory.

The ender chest inventory is related to you, and you only.
  11. No. If you put a stack of cobble in one chest, the next one you place down will have a stack of cobble in it, and so will the next one after that... and so on.
  12. When you right click with string in your hand, it's bound to the command /res info. It's always existed and is part of the residence plugin.
  13. What about written books? Is it possible to set them as a shop, like enchanted items and potions?:confused: I have been working on a bookstore in my residence to prepare for this update, is the reason of why I'm asking.
  14. Hold the book you want to sell, use the command /iteminfo and put the item code that appears on the last line of a shop sign. :)
  15. For those who have texture packs, they may not be updated for 1.3 and you might end up like me thinking I couldn't craft a book & quill. Really, it was there but it was clear.
  16. Would be useful for a shop eh?
    Pab10S likes this.
  17. Had that problem with emeralds, A quick visit to my Texturepacks forums (Faithful) soon fixed it :)
  18. I'll go try it out then, thank you for the advice!:D