EMC global outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by jkrmnj, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Thanks for reminding me! I haven't had time to start it, but I'll get on to it now :p
    607 and jkrmnj like this.
  2. I think that one in each direction should be fine... I'm not sure how this would be implemented (other than your design, of course) but it should work. I have a good amount of rails stored in Albion, too.

Have you had the chance to read my PM?
    607 likes this.
  3. My christmas break started, so I could move out to Albion soon, if somebody can tell me how. :)
    ILTG likes this.
  4. I'd be glad to show you how in-game.

(Alternatively I suppose I could write up some directions)
    607 likes this.
  5. Could you perhaps do it in an hour or so? I'll probably be available for a bit this afternoon (morning in EMC time :p).
    ILTG likes this.
  6. I don't have any new PM's from you :confused:

We will need some instructions written up at some point so other people can easily get there. Would you be able to write something up?
    ILTG and 607 like this.
  7. Im interested in knowing how to get out to the outpost I'm a very valuable resource that could deem well for the community
    ILTG and jkrmnj like this.
  8. I'm so sorry! I shut off my laptop a few minutes after that, and I've been running last-minute errands all day.

I can. Are you fine with pictures of the map and coordinates being included?

Sorry, I thought I had messaged you.
    jkrmnj and 607 like this.
  9. Hello all! I'm making this post because I feel that Albion's name should remain the same. I started Albion, and although I didn't use the land as much as I wanted, the name still means something to me. I understand if other members disagree, and want it changed, which is why I've made a voting form.

I've submitted my form, which you can find here.

Thanks for checking this out!
  10. Hello there! This is a simple guide to reaching Albion, the Global Outpost's Claim.

Firs things first, you want to make sure that you have food, a weapon, armor, and, most importantly, a minecart. Remember, Albion hasn't been worked on in a while, and many areas remain unlit. Minibosses, Turkeys, and Blizz Ards do spawn here. Eventually, and with the rise of the population, the amount of hostile mobs that spawn should go down.

Please, use https://smp9.emc.gs/ for assistance.

Once you are on SMP9, use /frontier e to teleport to the east frontier outpost. Once you are there, follow this [bad] map to reach the Nether portal. (It won't take long. Maybe 15 seconds.)

Above: Bad map -- Below: Portal

Once you enter the portal, you will see this.

Go through the entryway, all the way to the back, where you will find the Maximus Connection. This is the rail that you will be taking it. I timed myself, and while I held W + ctrl*, I made it to the stop in 3 minutes and 53 seconds.

A few minutes later, once you've reached the end of this rail, you will find a station with a few different rails in it. The only one that matters right now is the one to the left of where you come in.

This rail only took me 33 seconds (with 'W + ctrl') to travel. When you reach the end...

(Welcome to Albion! I hope this helped!)

Edit: Remember that griefing and stealing are not allowed. You will be banned.
    Edit 2: Added to OP
    607, jkrmnj and mba2012 like this.
  11. That's nice! However, I believe you should share a spreadsheet with the results for us all to see, as documented here. :)

Thank you!
    jkrmnj and ILTG like this.
  12. I know. I messed up the links. Working on fixing those later.
    jkrmnj likes this.
  13. Everything is correctly set up. There is a link in the OP to the list of currently active forms and spreadsheets.
    ILTG likes this.
  14. Ah, I see.

I like how my name is formatted as a number and not a string. :p
    jkrmnj likes this.
  15. Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. (I know that some people have already celebrated, or the day has passed, but I also know that some people are enjoying their Christmas today.)
    jkrmnj and 607 like this.
  16. how is this outpost going? I traveled out there but havnt seen anyone yet.
    607 likes this.
  17. Still in the set up stages. Currently, I am waiting to see what
    will make with his Constitution. For now though, we are looking for a nice way to do above ground rail transport and will want to start building. Any ideas?
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  18. I keep forgetting to finish this off :p I should have a first draft completed soon
  19. surely there is a nether route to the location?
  20. Yep, check out the directions on the OP or the previous page.