EMC Economy ruined by 40r Diamonds

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jeanzl2000, Feb 26, 2012.

1. welcome to economics 101... supply and demand... enough said
    moyaboya likes this.
  2. Mind F***** lol.
    henpenben likes this.
  3. I was trying for that.
    Monster_ likes this.
  4. FTW!
    henpenben likes this.
  5. Many newish players wont remember this, but when i first started at EMC there was only the one server. At this point diamonds were being sold for an average of about 25r, but alot of the time players would sell them in bulk for 15-20r. Once smp2 was implemented, diamond prices basically doubled and never went back down. Personally i am all for seeing diamonds sold cheap, but we have to realize that now we have quite a large economy compared to the one server EMC was originally, and in order for a few people to affect the economy in such a substantial way they would have to attract a huge following and sell vast amounts, which i don't see happening. :)
    I say good on jeanzl2000 and dark_beta for sacrificing a little profit for fast sales, they are helping the non-supporters who don't receive the larger rupee bonus's supporters get. :)
  6. Anyone gonna try the riddle? I'll just tell you the answer if not.
  7. If his nose does grow, then he is telling the truth so it doesn't grow. If it doesn't, then he's ling so it does! IT'S A PARADOX! So his mind explodes. :p
  8. 20R?!?!? SHAUN, WERE GOING BACK IN TIME! TO THE DELORIAN!
    moyaboya and apamment like this.
  9. I havent read any of this. But diamonds used to be 20-30R /piece Those were good times.. But alas that is not the case anymore, Everyone is greedy.
  10. Not as long ago as you may think. :p
  11. When I started, smp3 had just came out, and diamonds were 28-35r a piece. That was, what, 2 months? 8 weeks?
  12. Seeing how Minecraft is a continually generating world.I don't see how people try to tack supply and demand into things.
    henpenben likes this.
  13. tea party time?
  14. I've removed the trolling posts.. We can let the topic continue, I think as it's a valid topic. If those who were involved don't take the hint (some after many hints from other situations), we'll deal with them personally.
  15. I apologize once again for a post of mine leading into a less then favorable discussion.I really don't mean for it to happen.
  16. It's not just your fault. As it takes more than one to obviously spiral something out like that. We just ask that next time you don't help it along. ;)
  17. Pinokio??
  18. Yep, exactly same thing happened to me.
    I was mining in SMP6 and found a big player-made mine.
    There was 10 diamonds, some lapis, about 30 iron, 128 redstone and some gold, all on the walls :p
    So, yes, some people are evry dumb :p
  19. I believe no one has heard of spaskiba, the person who bought ALL the iron on smp4.
  20. well on smp1 the price of sheep eggs dropt in 2 days to 5 rupees when first 60-80 thats really killing the market i dont know how he gets that much eggs so fast :S