EMC Economy ruined by 40r Diamonds

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jeanzl2000, Feb 26, 2012.

1. apparently.
    henpenben likes this.
  2. But you can see down and up when in a two-high strip-mine, am I right?
  3. Lol, yup. You personally made the diamond prices rise and caused the MC mini-depression. :p
  4. not when you're half screen and looking at live maps as you mine lol.
    henpenben likes this.
  5. It is. Its called supply and demand. When Supply is low, the demand is more, when the supply is high, the demand is lower..
  6. You still can. I do that all the time. Also, strip-mining implies that you are looking for something, and at that depth would only be diamonds or redstone, so the fact that you (maybe) were looking for it and missed it on the floor is a bad failure.
    Monster_ likes this.
  7. yeah. i set sail for fail LOL.
    henpenben likes this.
  8. Not true. Say supply of cracked stone brick was low, that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone wants it just because the supply is low. One exception would be Dark_Beta. :p
    Monster_ likes this.
  9. Hey! It rhymes! :p
    And yes, I do really like the :p
    Monster_ likes this.
  10. It makes sense. If lots of a item are available, the demand might drop a little, as more people have it, so the price gets lowered. As the supply drops, the more people need it, so the price gets higher.
  11. the supply in this case is also regulated by the use of the diamonds which also effect the cost. The Utility of the item tends to raise it's price more than that of an item that is just for decoration. Meaning, in my opinion, Diamonds should be more expensive than glowstone or endstone, or mossy cobble
    henpenben likes this.
  12. You do have to put that in. Diamonds, though, should NEVER go past 100R for one.

A good example of the supply and demand is the Grade exchange on Runescape. As more people offer a item for sale on it, the price will lower, if less people put stuff on it, the item will become higher in price.
    Monster_ likes this.
  13. exactly.

anyways, back to the matter at hand.
    the economy is fine, and always will be.
    henpenben likes this.
  14. Sure, if supply is high, no one wants it because they already have enough. But if supply is low, it doesn't mean people want it more. It just means it costs more. It's like how endstone never sold for a high price a while ago, and now, after I discovered the untouched stronghold that's so easy to get to, endstone still doesn't sell, and it's cheap now.
  15. Endstone isnt all the good for anything.
    Monster_ likes this.
  16. It's called the Grand Exchange, not the Grande Exchange, and yes that's true. But Runescape is an entirely different game. I would know that because I've been playing since June of 2003.
    Monster_ likes this.
  17. You spelled my miss spell wrong. :3
  18. It looks cool, and it's hard to get. Technically to get it, you have to find diamonds, make a nether portal, find a nether fortress, fight blazes, get blaze powder, find endermen, get ender pearls, get eyes of ender, find a stronghold and then activate the portal.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  19. I thought you misspelled "Grande" wrong as "Grade". "Grade" is a little closer to "Grande" than it is to "Grand" because there is no "e" at the end of "Grand"
    Monster_ likes this.
  20. And the best part is that you can mine it with a wood pick. :p
    Monster_ likes this.