EMC Drawing Contest

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Palmsugar, Jul 14, 2013.

1. agh i guess ill get started on this. but my prismacolor markers disappeared so ill get some crayola markers i guess... D:
  2. Even when you're now allowed to submit that comic, can you please still make it? I would really like to see it!:)
    Palmsugar likes this.
  3. Now if we do enter do we need to enter a drawing for both categories, or can we only enter in one?
  4. I didn't ask for anything in return. :) So far it has been quite challenging to get in the mind of psychopath and make a drawing that is still suitable for the younger EMC members :p But I'm working on it.

How to send your entry in:
    • Upload your image to a hosting website like imgur.com, Google Picasa, Dropbox etc.
    • When you're logged in on the forums, click my name on the left here below my avatar and press "Start a Conversation". You can also click top right of the page where it says Inbox and click "Start a Conversation".
    • Include the link to the image in the message, put Drawing Contest as the titel, optionally add a comment about your drawing.
    • Send!
    That's because my post is not supposed to be reviewed by an independent, unbiased jury or a public vote. :p

You can choose to enter only one, if you want. But per category you can enter one drawing per player, so you could also enter one drawing for the Story category and a different drawing for the Visuals category.

Meanwhile, some kind people have donated to the contest:
    M4nic_M1ner gave 20.000r!
    Dwight5273 donated a DC of iron ingots, stacked as 6 stacks of iron blocks!

Attached are the requested drawings (sorry HylianNinja, yours will take a bit longer!) .
    If anyone else want me to draw something, please let me know. ^_^

Attached Files:

5. Are rupee donations okay? Would you prefer blocks?
  6. Yes rupee donations are also okay. :)
  7. Thanks :)
    Palmsugar likes this.
  8. GameKribJim donated another 50k! That's amazing, thanks for all the donations and kind messages supporting the contest. I never thought the contest would be such a success! Good luck again to you all who are entering :)
  9. Can it have my little pony themed stuff in it? *Im a brony and Im proud* Also, can it be colored in rainbow?
  10. its ok that I signed my MC user name so no one else could claim it or anything right?
  11. You could use a phone to take a less awesome pic
    Palmsugar likes this.
  12. You can colour it however you like :pAnd if you can relate little pony stuff to your favorite EMC moment, then yes.

Actually, I'm going to have to photoshop that out for the reviewing by the jury and the public poll, because I want all drawings to be viewed objectively. No one else will be able to claim it as an entry for the contest, since you have to PM it to me to enter, so I know your name.
  13. ok, well that was my mind set last night when I drew it lol
  14. It's okay, no worries :)
  15. Wait, you're doing requests? If you are, may I make one?
  16. Hey, I have a question. When it don't has to be signed, actually, musn't be signed, is it a problem when people know who's drawing is who's? I have 3 examples.

1. Something that's really obvious is on the picture, ex. Lava walls or pie
    2. The player is also drawn on the picture, and people know who it is by skin
    3. Someone's favorite moment has a conversation on it, and the people who were in the real conversation, know who drew it.

So, all these three can belong to your favorite moment, and all these three can tell somebody who the player is. What's about that?
  17. I wonder who would be drawing pie.
    607 and Palmsugar like this.
  18. Definitely!

I've tried to remove as much bias in the reviewing process as I could think of, by including independent people in the jury panel, by not letting people post their drawing in the thread but PMing it to me and by holding the public poll with these unsigned drawings. The things you have mentioned could indeed lead to people recognising who created the drawing, but I don't want to hinder people in their drawing process. They should be able to draw what they want.
    In the jury reviewing the things you've mentioned won't play much of a role, because the other jury members won't actually recognise those things, since they're not from EMC. But me as an EMC member, I can tell them what's going on in the drawing if they don't get it.
    In the public poll, yes then people can recognise who made the drawing and favouritism might occur, but I'm hoping that people will vote for the drawing that they truly think is best. Since people have donated to the contest it seemed fair to me, that the community also will be able to choose a winner, that's why there will be a public poll.

So I definitely hope people will draw what they want to show, and not be held back by possible bias issues.
    607 likes this.
  19. How did you know who donated what?