EMC android app

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jkrmnj, May 19, 2014.

1. Ah ok.
  2. Is this still going?
  3. As long as it keeps working on Android versions, then yes; it's still going. If you mean being actively updated; then no. I'd imagine jkr wants to take a break from developing it for a while, and if he never develops it again, it's very likely somebody will swing by and continue it at some point. :)
    sambish20 likes this.
  4. #1 I doubt that has a Mac
    #2 That would cost money due to the domain and hosting stuff. About $10/month for him to maintain it.
  5. Is there any eta for this app?
  6. Thanks for reminding me about this. I will still try to work on it and add features.
    #1 I don't have a mac and won't be getting one anytime soon
    #2 I won't make a webapp mostly because the site will soon work like one.
    Sorry but I will not be doing an IOS app. just_five_fun explains it why perfectly.
    The app is currently available on the op. The app must be sideloaded onto your android device (go into security settings, turn off the "only apps from market" thing, click download link on op). Jackbiggin has stopped responding to the thread about publishing the app. If someone else wants to, that would be great.

I would like to remind everyone that I am one person and school will be starting up soon. The code is open source so anyone can jump in and help make the app. Just post here with what you want to add to the app and grab the code. If you have any problems, send me a pm and I will help you out.
  7. You don't need a mac to have an ios emulator - you just need something like silverlight, or mobile add on to visual studios, or some other emulator online... I have windows... and i've used windows to make both an ios and windows phone google nav app ... windows phone, we had to use c# ... ios and android we had to use java that was the only difference... as for the device you test it on... you can always find emulators :)
  8. I went and did a quick Google search on the process. This popped up and the three option given in the best answer are all things I won't do. The first one goes against the EULA and although that may not seem like a big deal, I would rather not break any laws. The second option involves using a vm which my laptop struggles to run. The final option is not cheap. Overall, there seems no easy way to do it. Could you link what you used for the ios development?
  9. I just used an - I think it's called an sdk or ide... for actually writing them out (eclipse, Intellij IDEA, and NetBeans IDE, or if you want to go old school... jGrasp - these are all nice)

For displaying it and using an emulator - I only got an emulator for the windows phone - which was a silverlight add on to visual studios 2013 ....

The lead web developer had his own emulator in his office - since he was one in charge of the ios and android ... i was in charge of windows phone ... so idk what program he used for that emulator, sorry.
  10. I think I found a way to do it, but there are other priorities for things I want to learn before iOS devolpment. I won't rule it out completely, but don't expect an iOS app anytine soon. Most of my effort will be for the android one.
    607 likes this.
  11. Version 2.0 is here! Basically, the app is now usable and actually useful.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  12. is there an iOS app?
  13. No. The faq on the first post briefly explains why.
    607 likes this.
  14. ok
  15. Link to google play?
  16. It doesn't have one.
    607 likes this.
  17. Currently the app isn't in Google Play but the first post has simple instructions on installing it.