EMC android app

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jkrmnj, May 19, 2014.

1. Thanks, and that sounds great. Send me a pm and I can give you any details you need to submit it.
    I actually just started work on this again with school out to add in logging in and doing things like posting stuff.
    607 likes this.
  2. Bump time. The app is now available on Google Play for free. Thanks salesman200 for putting it there. Also, I messed up uploading the source to Github and only seem to have a slightly outdated copy. I will try and get all of that sorted out but in the meantime, the app on the store is working perfectly.
    607 likes this.
  3. I redid everything I lost and made it much better. The next update will likely be just a ui update with a vastly improved post reader but after that I will make sure that people can log in and actually use the forums.
    607 likes this.
  4. New Update: Everything related to getting and displaying posts has been redone. The interface has been updated. The code has actually been uploaded to Github this time. New icon.

Note: Because I lost the original key for signing, there was no way to update the original play store version so Salesman200 uploaded a new listing with the app. This means that you won't update to this version automatically and should uninstall and reinstall the play store version linked in the op. Sorry for any problems this might cause.
  5. I just found this thread, and I think it's great!

I know, I know, it's an old thread, but I might've found a solution to the you-have-to-pay-to-publish thing Apple does. All you have to do is do an Ad-Hoc distribution. The app will only work for a year, as you will need to reinstall it when a year passes, but it's a good alternative to paying $100 to be apart of the Apple Developer program. Now all we have to do is find someone who knows how to make an app.
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  6. Paying 99$ is only for publishing it to the Apple Store per year

You can develop your app without publishing it, people can still technically download your app, too - but it will need to be self published, instead of being put on the apple store...

Java, JavaFX, J2ME, Java ME, etc ...Can all be used as an alternative to xCode ...Writing the code is easy - but if you don't have an Apple computer, then you need to have an Emulator so you may test your Application without publishing it.
    ---

Why a lot of people prefer posting to Android (Google Play) instead of Apple ...as they only need to pay for the Developer License (50$)
    607 and ElmofiedBoby like this.
  7. Hi i would love to see this app up and running again.
  8. nvm this was 3 years ago
    607 likes this.
  9. *a year later*

Welcome to the EMC mobile server.
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.