[EEF] Topics of Interest - Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by M4ster_M1ner, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Hello everyone!

Please use this thread to submit ideas / topics of interest for the EMC Economic Forum.
    (Please read this first.)

Please give a short description, an outline / intended scope.

I guess it is good to put each idea / topic in its own posting and give likes to the ones you find interesting - as a "popularity preview".

This should start as a brainstorming, so any idea or topic is allowed. Please do not start discussions about distinct topics in this thread. Let's just collect ideas for a week or two and then sort them, comment and vote to see which are the most popular.

After that we can try to build workgroups to work on the most interesting topics and give each topic its own thread.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. It would be nice to be able to collate all data from rupee history so you could list all stone bought/sold in date order. This would be the same for all items and donations without having to click and read thousands of pages of history, which is never going to happen.

This would also highlight the most popular items sold from your shop. I am sure azoundria must have a back end to their data base which helps them see this or would not need much adjustment to collate it.
    M4ster_M1ner and mjnoe70 like this.
  3. There is a tool for this. It's the EMC Shopkeeper. Hooks into your rupee history and you can choose to view by player or item. (Also gives you a total net worth, Total loss and total profit from your history).
  4. If this could be done by product across user accounts it may be more helpful. Not only to a single player with more than one alt, but also for say gathering history in general. This does pose a threat to current shop owners as this opens up information about what is selling best and pricing so others may get more competition or undercut.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  5. Thanks for that, I will have to look at that a bit closer
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  6. True but I think this happens manually anyway it just takes longer, and not as accurate. You also have to take stock levels into consideration as while some players undercut your prices they tend to rarely have any or much stock available and players will pay a little more to a good supplier.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  7. I do have to agree as I am at about 99% available on everything I stock across days. So there are people who jump smps or do visit my shop knowing I have something available. What's funny is I do it the other way, I tend to lower prices when I have "more" stock not when I have little.
  8. Idea: compile / produce "An Introduction to EMC Economy"
    - Part one: basics for new members
    - Part two: advanced topics
    Chapters etc.: ... to be collected and worked on in a workgroup
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  9. Idea:
    Find a way to share shop data and compile statistics.
    Perhaps shop owners can agree to share data and benefit from the (automatic) statistical analysis.
    They can decide to publish all or a part of the results...
  10. Love the idea but it is the dispersing of this information that is more of an issue than almost anything else. New users are directed to the website with the /register, which is great but rarely equates to them looking around on the web site or even voting.

In playing with shop keeper, I can easily meld accounts although some manual work. I did see the code is offered so it may be something I can manipulate so that I can request and merge with possibly more information at the users finger tips. Though this is not to knock what it already does which seemed quite nice.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  11. Users would be directed to it when they ask questions like "how to make rupees", "what is your rupee balance", "why is your shop so expensive", "can you help me with pricing" etc.

I've made a tool as well ... the issue here is less technical and more about what shop owners want to share with each other and with the public, how to aggregate data, what kind of statistics to use, what about privacy etc.
  12. Idea: like there is a list of shops, make and maintain a list of producers who might want to bulk-sell their products. The list would be sorted by sorted by product.
  13. So I was gone on vacation the last time this thread got a bump. I think it fell through the cracks.

My newest issue is that there is such a huge disconnect of players and information due to so much good information and secondary things happening in the web site and forums that many players do not stay up on.

Like a list of producers is only as good as the list can gain people in it. Those people would have to be somewhat active forum users to know that the list even exists.

...but I like the idea of a few lists that could be used like bulk producers, product ranges on buy and sell. Though this can get odd to with public farms, people who flood the market and say people that obtain something vs reselling. EG: shulkers can be difficult to get and when I have done it I took several days away from everything else to travel and gather before coming back. I found that to be to much time wasted so I now generally purchase for resale. ...but I'm kinda stuck at a certain price point because with that process I have "X" in them so I can really go lower. When I obtained them myself I have much more room to wiggle.