Dystopia?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Emptimynd, Dec 30, 2011.

?

Do you think a dystopia would be cool?

Deffinately! 114 vote(s) 91.2%
Are you crazy? 11 vote(s) 8.8%
  1. The problem with building a base will be greifers. Your base would have to be well hidden else you might log back onto the server only to find that someone stole all your torches, and the zombies will be only to happy to occupy your base. You'll end up logging into certain death, especially with the increased mob spawn rate.

Also this brings up defensive redstone traps. I know it's frowned upon to set up traps in your base in the regular wild to catch griefers as it is considered PVP. Will such traps be okay in this server as they would be to protect against mobs? I only bring this up because a previous post mentioned defending bases with traps.
  2. I suppose if you put signs up warning players about the traps, then it's be ok? I don't think this new mob AI is advanced enough to read signs :D
  3. This would be a hardcore server. It should be difficult. If people complain about the level of difficulty, they can always go back to the other servers. :) I believe that building a base should be difficult and not something easily accomplished on your own. It would require a group with people to both defend and build. We want it to encourage teamwork. The harder it is, the more teamwork will be required.
  4. I don't understand what you mean. Limiting the items that can be passed through the vault forces mobs to be less difficult, else it'd be almost impossible to get started. The server can be most difficult when the vault is unfettered. This is all aside from the technical difficulty of limiting what can be passed through the vault to this server.
  5. Arent they making a hardcore sevrer anyway?
  6. What sort of hardcore? I think this idea were tossing about is a great hardcore server idea. Do you know which forum thread that was posted under? I'd be interested to look at what their planning and maybe provide a few ideas.
  7. Im not sure where it is, I think it was justin who posted it. But theyre planning on having a hHardcore server that has no town.
  8. Check out the news feed. It is mentioned in the smp6 launch bulletin. :)
    The idea was based around this particular thread, by the way it reads (you wrote the 1st post...)
  9. I like your signature twitch, the part how it says You wouldn't give a total stranger the keys to your house in real life... Why do it in the virtual world?
    If your lot is griefed, you have no one other than yourself to blame.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  10. Thanks for telling me! Glad people seem so enthusiastic about my idea. Never thought it would have this much appeal to the community.
  11. Thanks. :) It is something that I stand wholeheartedly by in the EMC community.
    joshyrocks13 likes this.
  12. I <3 This Idea!
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  13. When I first read "hardcore server", I wasn't particularly interested, but after reading this, it sounds like an awesome idea! I'll be very interested to see how this all plays out.
  14. Add me ! Yay :D
  15. Lol, this would be a great way to smash D3r3k_Fawms right out of first place in the TEXP rankings:p
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  16. I say keep supporter chat, i paid 20$ for it. I be wearing doamond armor
  17. 1 important thing to add: whole world (or at least big portion) regenerates each 5-10 days, just because more mobs = more creepers = more BOOM = more horrible lands...

Also, other nice thing would be making the map custom made, so that it can be made out of hardcore materials, something like 0 water, tons of lava, no forests, no pasive mobs (animals, villagers, slimes...) and a bunch of horribleness xP
  18. Hardcore survival PLEASE :D
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  19. Maybe replace water with lava and no grass just dirt. May have the terrain like the wasteland mod.
  20. Im not sure i like the idea of hardcore (due to the one heart fact) but i like the idea of a dystopia :D