Dystopia?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Emptimynd, Dec 30, 2011.

?

Do you think a dystopia would be cool?

Deffinately! 114 vote(s) 91.2%
Are you crazy? 11 vote(s) 8.8%
  1. People LOVE zombie-anything these days as well. I like the idea of having at least 2x or more zombies involved. We might even be able to title the server name around it, gaining it more interest from the interwebs.
  2. if this was a server let it be for all players
  3. Zombytopia sounds great :p
  4. Creepertopia XD
  5. This would NOT be a private supporter server... This would be our 1st Hardcore SMP Server, open to everyone who chooses to play here.

On to the topic itself.
    I love this plan. I am sure this will revitalize my SMP adventurous spirit. It would be what I want my SSP game to be.. Have fellow players available, but not overcrowded and abusive. :)

I feel it should be:
    Local Chat only. (Monitored from square of course.)
    Access to Vault, much higher price to open. (What good is hardcore if you can just buy and transfer infinite supplies...)
    EMC Lock System.
    Hard setting. Death= loss of all items in inventory, but does not drop to ground.
    2-4x Mobs. (dependent on performance with new hardware.)
    Permanent Thunderstorms/Rain/Snow
    Day/Night Cycle, shorter days, longer nights.
    No protected land, outside of the Main Spawn.
    Main Spawn sealed inside castle-like walls.
    The 30+ outposts dump you into open land, no protected zone available.
    NO PVP! - Never will I change my opinion on this for any EMC server.
    Locks allow full refund. (This would be a more nomadic server, no one place will be a permanent residence to consistent players.)
    Potentially add some server side mods to this server to improve the difficulty of the environment. (More research needs to be done in regards to these.. I am not familiar with server mods...)

I will add more information as my ideas grow...
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  6. yay cool server
  7. Dystopia sounds great, and I like all the ideas! The raised vault price I think would be the best best to be able to continue cross-server trading, but give it that hardcore edge. :)

I'll probably come on Dystopia a little bit, but I'm too much of a chicken so :p
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  8. I don't think there should be daylight at all, unless we go with 24/7 thunderstorms. There shouldn't be any safe time, there should always be mobs. It'll really ruin the experience to have a safe window in which to dash in and build a shelter without mobs.

A lot of the fun in this, at least for me, lies in establishing and expanding a base. As Nurgle said, it'll be possible to go in with highly-enchanted diamond armor and tons of obsidian, and build a base with brute force. I'm not going to do that. I'm going to go with diamond armor with level one enchants, and lots of cobble, preferably with some friends.
  9. Ahh. I gonna do that :p
  10. This would be a great place to test out and use redstone DEFENCE sytems! I think this is an epic idea! You are a LEGEND mate!
  11. why dont we make a plugin for guns, but its only on dystopia? and you cant put the guns in your vault.

something like the zombie hunt mod? or is it called the zombie apocalypse mod.........
  12. How about adding HEROBRINE to the mix?!...
  13. dang, good idea!
  14. as was mentioned earlier: People will probably be nomads, therefore, why not keep the original minecraft spawn idea: bed you last slept in is spawn, in this way outposts could hav public beds, and when a party pushes on and fails, theyd be back at the outpost
    Twitch1 likes this.
  15. I like this idea. :)
  16. Nice to see this thread once more bringing in great ideas from all over the community! It's great to see so many people showing their support. :D
    EukkaLyptuzz likes this.
  17. Is there a way to limit the amount that can be brought in via the vault, but still have a way to get EMC-wide benefits from the server, so it's still linked to the rest of EMC?
    For example, you can only take certain items out of your vault into this server, for example only leather armour, none of this enchanted diamond stuff? :p
    However, if there was things hidden around the world that you could find? So this would give something to all the people who wish the dragon eggs were left in the servers, as they would have trophies to hunt for in this new server?
    Also, perhaps all mobs drop double experience points, which would make more incentive for people to hunt mobs instead of punching mobs in xp grinders?
  18. A nomadic style would be far harder than getting one stronghold and sticking with it, I'm not sure why people think otherwise. Initial base construction will be harder than maintaining a base.
    I don't understand why you'd want to do this. Limiting items that can be transferred would choke the difficulty mobs could be set at, once a base is established and mining commences, the new armors produced would trivialize the danger that the mobs would pose.
    Dragon eggs are already planned through some sort of system, unsure just what it is going to end up looking like though.
    Mob drop increases have already been mentioned multiple times, it's very likely that this will be implemented barring technical difficulties.
  19. I luv this idea!
  20. Or you could keep the mob level hard which it would just make it hard to make a base? Shouldn't it be incredibly hard to make a base? On the other hand, it's true that it might be too hard that way?