Do claims extend to the nether?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fred_TWK, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Basically the title.
    If I want to set up a farm/base/build in the nether, does my overworld claim extend to that section of the nether?
    Are there special rules? (I would expect so, given the fact that nether rail/iceways are commonly used)

I don't expect that placing a locked chest in the nether would give me rights to a 3000*3000 section of it.
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  2. One would think that portal access to the overworld claim/"empire" would be included in the formal claim, but I don't see it mentioned in the wiki.

I have wondered about this but never remembered to ask. However, now that mobs can travel through portals, farms and such will need specific protection with regards to the nether.
    607 and Fred_TWK like this.
  3. The Nether, and End are not claimable. No extensions from the established wild bases. This allows anyone to be able to make a nether rail in any direction and length they’ll need to access their overworld bases.

Just use /build mode for all your nether works. Staff can always take care of any greifings and with build mode all that really happen is someone placed blocks. Nothing destroyed..
    607, KatydidBuild and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Doors and fences and walls, oh my.
    Pigs, cows, and bats running around the nether.
    BTW bats seem to absolutely L O V E portals.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  5. but if one builds a perimeter and then someone else wants to build a rail through it, do we consider that griefing? why yes? why no?

Maybe I would not consider it griefing, but I feel it would definitely lead to issues, as it might invalidate the perimeter and its function.

what if there is a build in the perimeter and the rail wants to pass straight through it?
    607 likes this.
  6. Honestly I think the best idea if you want an entire perimeter in the nether. Build mode a wall to encase the whole thing. Unless the entire area is made abundantly clear it’s a build. A player making a rail might not know. In the case that a player does build a rail. The best solution is to talk with the player and see if they can’t move around the area you’re building in.
  7. i know portals can be locked by SS in claims. and large builds can be massclaimed by staff for old builds but i think the actual policy is that the claim does not extend in the nether past the portal itself.
  8. We don't have anything created to "lock" portals. I am not sure what you are referring to here.

In general, the outpost claim is for the overworld only. There is no mechanism currently for claiming anything in the nether. An established frontier outpost, would give great credibility to a nether report/request in the scaled area in the nether.
    607, Fred_TWK and Nickblockmaster like this.
  9. oh i meant like lock the nether end to the overworld end, so that other nearby portals dont delink them. someone did it for me with my smp6 portal once
  10. Nah. That is not a thing. They probably just created the portals on the exact 8x coordinate scale. Regular players can do the same thing. There are no special staff tools for doing that. :)
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.