{Discussion} clafity about adverse and mention

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aletrisrex, Jul 21, 2022.

1. As i said in profile post, i would like to open a thread about this.
    What's adverse?
    Adverse, in other forms is promote yourself or others about yourself, using links
    like:
    "click this link in chat (or below) to subscribe and get 2usd"
    "paste a link linked to your channel"
    "paste discord server links as well as your twitch stream link"

How about mention? basically mention is like give other footage or basically, free speech (aka express your opinions). example:
    "minecraft is good" that's my opinions
    "this guy isn't good" that's my opinions, too
  2. Advertisement can take many forms - As I said in your profile:

Word-of-mouth (Definition link) advertising is a subject of study in business and economics. It is when a person mentions their experience with a product to their social circles, such as "I love Pepsi, but don't like Lays chips" One of the most important types of advertisement for a business to maintain positive. Although it is free for a company, it can be very effective for either for or against a product.

This is specially true to in the internet, since most things are free of charge in the internet, however the cost to the customer, and what all the companies are fighting for, is the customers's time. Saying like "Twitter is bad, and I prefer to use Instagram" is advertisement, even when said within friends.
    Same applies to Minecraft servers - mentioning is inherently an advertisement.

As for sharing content on EMC from other servers, it is somewhat allowed.

You can easily create a tread in the Empire Creativity - Share Your Let's Plays and Other videos forum section sharing such content.
    You can perfectly say: "Hey I go watch my new video here <link>! I would love some feedback on my content! Disclaimer its on another MC server"
    Just don't go saying in the forum thread "Watch me playing in the most amazing Minecraft Server called MCblahblahbla" - see the guidelines here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/guidelines-for-sylp-posts.24620/
    MissBonnieParker likes this.
  3. ok.
    just to clafity emc ppl that's isnt a ads.
    this, alongside with:
    "giveaway in my youtube channel, click link in chat to countine and get $300"
    "feeling loney? you can join our discord server, links: xxxxxx"
    or sth like that.
    that's a ads.
  4. I think that you mean advertisement, as Tuqueque explored in his answer.

"adverse" means something opposing/antagonistic
  5. alright, did i was allowed to stream while i was playing other server's content in emc discord?
    with a disclaimer "it's from another mc server"
  6. If I'm understanding, I believe you can advertise giveaways in your YouTube channel (although not sure, since IRL money is involved, but probably you can just link your YouTube channel or whatever media you are using to a thread, and interested people will go.

and yes, you can advertise other discord communities in EMC, but I mean, "feeling lonely join here" is neither an effective advertisement of such community nor does it explain what the community is about. An example could be:

Hey, I have a discord server where I'm sharing all the memes I like, come join and share yours too!
    -this is more effective as it calls to action to the customer (goal of advertising such community) and it also describes what you are joining

- since scams and internet insecurity exist, people shouldn't be joining random servers just because, so maybe elaborate more whenever you advertise your discord communities so that they are an effective advertisement :+1::)
    w1therrex likes this.
  7. It would be kinda weird if there is a stream of another server, in EMC's own discord server actively being streamed... Maybe staff allow it in the #other-games voice chat, however I seriously doubt it, since it kinda goes against EMC's stream team and such, and new players can land on the discord, and it will effectively be false advertisement for EMC...

I would just recommend creating a thread, where I stated above, to share your twitch/YouTube channel - and you can post your streams links in the discord and such... You can say/share whatever you want in your own stream, while sharing a link, with a brief summary of the content you are posting , with us in the EMC forums
    MissBonnieParker likes this.
  8. that's these example of ads, im thinking does emc rules make sense? it's kinda.. outdated.
  9. While EMC could make "You can talk about *this* kind of server" but "You cant talk about *that* kind of server. The rule can and WOULD get very muddled/create a gray area of what types of servers are allowed to be discussed or not. With that I believe a lot of contention could happen. Its better to just leave it as "We don't discussed other servers in public chats" as it is. While it might seem "outdated". It really makes sense since word of mouth advertising is some of the best advertising out there. The company doesn't have to pay for it and they get more customers.
    Fred_TWK and Tuqueque like this.