[Discussion] Allowing players to use leads on mobs stuck in protected spawn areas

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Okay so this has been happening every now and again where an enraged mob or other mobs spawn either in the spawn safe zone or wander into it. I have had it happen on multiple occasions for the past so many months if not year.

Today when I was already in a hurry and had to leave the game skeleton horse riders with their horses spawned up high in the spawn area in a wasteland it was quite annoying trying to move them so I could kill the riders and get the horses which is quite rare as it is and even more annoying when you need to leave for stuff but want to kill/grab those mobs but you can't because they are in the safe zone and you can't hurt them while in the safe zone.

Could we maybe make it so you can use a lead to drag them out of the safe zone when some wont follow you and shoot at you from a distance or don't agro at you and just wander around teasing you with the free tokens and drops they provide but you can't kill them. I don't think it would be asking that much to allow that feature or maybe at least allow us to kill the mobs that are in the safe zone while in the safe zone.

I get they don't want us to kill mobs from the safe zone while they are out and thus makes it completely one sided with ranged weapons but if they are also in the safe zone it's pretty much impossible unless you can get them to follow you which doesn't always work.

Luckily today Moremoople was there and came and helped me try and push some of the skeleton horses with their riders off the spawn platform so I could kill the rider and egg the skeleton horses but 1 just wouldn't budge and I had to leave. Luckily it was still there waiting for me when I got back on hours later but still quite annoying.

Anyone else have thoughts or ideas on this? We need something in the future cause it can be quite difficult at times.

Also as a side note, just months ago when I triggered a raid at one of the spawn points (cause a "village" is like right next to it) and I had bad omen to fight them and a player was afk half way up the stairs causing one of the pillagers to get agro on him and wander up and shoot at the player for a good 15 minutes until I was able to finally get him agro on me and follow me back down the stairs. I almost lost out on a raid and getting hero of the village all cause of that problem. That was a lot of work for nothing if that pillager would have just stayed there agro on a player that was probably gonna be afk for a long while.
  2. I have had issues with this, as well
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. I am confused by the title.
    "Allowing players to use leads on mobs stuck in protected spawn areas".

I don't think that leads can be used on monsters? (justifiably)

Unrelated to that. But I wouldn't think that anything should be spawning in the spawns at all. Hmm
  4. I dont think they do, but they are not prevented from simply walking into the spawn area. would it be possible to just use the same mechanic that keeps bats within one's res, to keep mobs out from the spawn res?
    99marvel and FadedMartian like this.
  5. I have seen from time to time that Trap Horses seem to spawn next to the spawn's boundary line from time to time and when they are set off by a player, they do seem to get the riders and horses show up into the spawn area. They can also follow players there when they are aggro'd.

Otherwise, skeletons and zombies find themselves in holes within the spawn landscape and cannot walk out and stay there forever threatening players, while we stare at them and giggle at their predicament and lack of any real threat.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. they do seem to wander into protected spawns… ive noted especially if they are aggro’d on you and then you walk into the protected spawn area… especially spiders.. they keep jumping at you but not causing any health loss.

7. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. Before seasonal-event mobs, enraged, and mini-bosses had timers, it wasn’t unheard of to see some or several camping at spawns.

Probably the most common, before they started being removed, were the Thanksgiving Super Turkeys that drop the Turkey Slicer. Though not a big issue, it would still be nice to have had a solution to this for any future scenarios.

Many deaths were caused by those feats to lure them away and nab those goodies, but many were lost to time!!
    We3_MPO likes this.