did anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Releias, Sep 14, 2017.

1. so
    I came online this morning
    went to hop on the launcher
    clicked on multi player
    and there were NO servers there whatsoever.
    nothing
    nada
    I had to reinput everything just to get back onto the server.
    did ANYBODY else experience this today?

Galantisizer likes this.
  2. Nope. That's client side. Could be a error loading or something.
    ComicalCanine and 607 like this.
  3. That's never occurred to me. Did you reload the client before modifying stuff? And do your world folders still show up?
    ComicalCanine likes this.
  4. That has happened to me before once and to other people, the best thing to do is to either back up your whole .minecraft folder and copy over that (bear in mind it may overwrite your screenshots so make sure to back them up) or find the exact place where you server lists are and back up that so you can copy it if it ever happens again :)
    607 and ComicalCanine like this.
  5. nah man- I even restarted o~o
    it still wasn't there
    had to reput everything in
  6. yeah everything else still shows up
    just the multiplayer didn't o~o
    607 likes this.
  7. I just reput everything in and it works just fine now
    Sachrock likes this.
  8. I was saying just in case it happens again best thing may be to back up :) Just a suggestion though
    ComicalCanine and 607 like this.
  9. how though?
  10. How to back it up? Just copy and paste your .minecraft folder somewhere else either on your computer/laptop or a memory stick/external harddrive
    607 and ComicalCanine like this.
  11. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    oki doki
    that makes ALOT more sense now XD
  12. This is concerning the servers.dat in particular, located I believe directly in the .minecraft. In it is your servers list - I've copied mine from previous Minecraft versions to newer versions, which has worked fine (it's just 4 times EMC for me, don't worry :p). Just delete the old/standard one if you want to replace it with your backed up one. The same goes for your options.txt file, listing all your settings/options. :)

(edit: fixed two typos - it's options.txt, not optionx.txt :p)
    Jelle68, ComicalCanine and 607 like this.
  13. thanks!!! :D
  14. ComicalCanine likes this.
  15. I've had this bug repeatedly happen before. try reinstalling MC for a long term fix.
  16. but then I'd lose my single player world ;~;
  17. It's a client side issue, and is why I memorize the IP addresses of my favorite servers.

I'm pretty sure it's caused by disconnecting your wireless service while Minecraft is doing some mumbo jumbo in the background; I used to haul my old laptop in between my mom and dad's house, and my servers would be gone every time.
  18. urgh o.e
    thatss gotta suck D:
  19. I've experienced this before yes. I'd make a backup of "servers.dat" in the main Minecraft directory, if it happens, bring in the backup and overwrite.