[Denied] Reset the Nether.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by roqinn, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You teleport into the Nether (at least on SMP8) and it is horrible and very difficult to navigate anywhere near the spawn area. I know you just did a Wilderness reset, so why not a Nether?? =D
  2. Wait, the nether doesn't reset with the wilderness? I do agree that we somehow got a sad nether going on, most of the stairs lead to lava ocean =D
  3. When the Wastelands are reset, the Wastelands Nether is also reset.
  4. That's what I thought but I'm also dead tired and didn't want to say that and be wrong.
    Aracerer likes this.
  5. Are u talking about the wilderness nether or waste nether? The wilderness nether doesn't reset because its where people can build permanent structures that wont get destroyed but the waste nether does occassionally get reset as its for mining.
  6. Yeah, can't really comment on this suggestion other than sharing that I'd definitely be heavily opposed to the wilderness (Frontier) nether resetting. There are dozens of players who spends dozens of days laying down dozens of rails which was quite tiresome. They had to spend dozens of days in bed to recover from all the hard work :D

And well, if your nether doesn't work then why not visit another nether? Ours on SMP2 is quite good. /wnether e did have some problems with a missing staircase (and a huge hole :D) but some of us fixed that ourselves in the mean time.
    God_Of_Gods likes this.
  7. The wilderness NEVER resets due to that being the home of player made outposts/communities but the wastelands did. Along with the nether and end wastelands.

It would damage a lot of player made communities to reset the Frontier nether as players have nether connections to their outposts (Rails or portals).
    If you're talking about the wastelands nether, That place gets pretty torn up from people nether mining and mob damage. If it didn't reset it'd be a lot worse.

Like Shel said, If your nether is too wrecked, /vault, Is always a thing. Transfer your stuff to another SMP and try their nether.
  8. I know for a while there was a group doing frontier/wild spawn clean up/repair, why not organize a group to help repair the nether wild/frontier spawn? Maybe make stairs and paths to make it easier to navigate and make bridges or something where the stairs end at lava lakes.
  9. The Frontier Nether will never be reset. If it's dangerous. feel free to put in some work to clean it up :)

The wastelands nether is reset according to a schedule.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.