Cross-server XP and introducing TEXP

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by JustinGuy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. That's always happened. No change there. However, it won't go down on the leaderboards when you enchant. :)
  2. you still use exp just texp does not go down

i think
    JustinGuy likes this.
  3. Yes, I know.
    Jeremy told me already :p
  4. Awesome!

Enough talk, lez do dis:

LEEEEEROYYYYYYYY JENNNNNKIIINNNNSS!!!!
  5. thx justin :Þ i ♥ you're work
    ps: i use alt-codes :p
    tjboy11 likes this.
  6. No.... really?!
  7. Exploring new caves under mushroom biomes is awesome. No hosile mobs(besides ones that come from spawners) and lots of ores.
  8. Wow I did not know this!
  9. Woot! I made it to Rank 74 in less than 24 hours :p
    d3r3k_fawns likes this.
  10. Update! Rank 64! Lol. I was 62.... someone has either found my grinding box or just more active than I am. :D
  11. I can almost see this getting out of control with older players using it to mock or harass new players (There never seems to be enough modding these days...), but other that that it seems like a spectacular idea in extension to the cross server that was already anticipated. Good job Empire, I just hope that you can keep it up.
  12. They already have a reward, they have gobs of top-tier enchants, and bragging rights. I'd be against anything that would give them an in-game bonus. How about a signature achievement that only last week's/month's winner can use? If we let them be permanent, they'll lose their value over time.
    Neither did I, but the wiki confirms it:
    JustinGuy likes this.
  13. Personal opinion: This is not fair. I see situations where people like me who do NOT kill animals or mobs, but are successful shop owners, etc. who do most of their activities in town and are fairly rich, can get beat out by people who build massive XP mob farms and get thousands of levels per day, but use up all their resources on said farm because they have so little, and yet they get up to the top of the leaderboard. You need to come up with some kind of a different system.
  14. There is no point in that, if he doesnt want to participate he needs to move on. There are more things to do than fighting mobs (which is part of the game) and what not.

Then get out there and kill mobs like crazy! I went from 0-63 in less than 2 nights. SO its not a matter of old or new members getting on here and getting in the upper ranks. Its also supposed to build competition! Thats the point of a leaderboard, the one with the highest should have bragging rights! I am trying to become #1 and I will become #1 one of these days! Trust me! I love this idea and it makes the game that much more exciting to participate in. Also I never even went into the wilds until this came out cause I didnt like dying and even bothering with mobs, but now I go out almost every day when I have a free moment from building my tower, in fact I have the bragging rights of 2 double chests full of Zombie parts! Or I did till I ate most of them...
  15. Well, if I am so selfish, then how do you explain ALL the opposition to this system? And kudos to the person who said that we will be adding more leaderboards. And sure fighting mobs is part of the game, but isn't building? and isn't digging? And mining? And crafting? I think there's a reason it's called "Minecraft" and not "Mobkill". Also, WHY does a person get to be on a leaderboard for just one thing and not others when said leaderboard is the ONLY leaderboard? I will bet you that there are plenty of people who oppose the system just like me, and I am just one of a few who are willing to speak up about it (Isn't that the way it is with everything?). Lastly, this WILL be abused, and this WILL be used to harass new players. And I am not crying, I just don't think that this is right nor fair, and what isn't right and fair should be changed. I consider you mentally defective if your logic says otherwise. And don't play the "life isn't fair" card on me, because I know that life isn't fair, I just think that it should be. Again, just simple logic.

Finally, it's not that I don't enjoy killing mobs (because who doesn't?), I just don't because of the following:
    I am not a skilled swordfighter, and get killed whenever I go into hand-to-hand combat with a mob. Also, I am a skilled sniper, but am more practiced in PVP situations that are five-on-five people, and not one person vs. 1000 mob situations. So go ahead and build your grinders and XP farms, and illegitimately make your way to the top of the leaderboard. I don't care, but I'm sure someone else will.
  16. I agree, many many many ways to play this game. I understand some people may not like TEXP as a competitive point, some people choose to be shop keepers, and I fully support that. Our goal is to provide things that everyone will like, and those that don't it won't interfere with the way they are playing. We focused on the shop keeping side of things with the marketplace (and well though out guidelines), upgrades that supported selling enchanted items and potions with in-game confirmation, etc. More to come, this is just the first leaderboard :)
  17. Woot still holding strong to my Rank 64!! Going to do me some leveling later tonight! Woot!
  18. Haha trolololol.
  19. I think I won the argument. I take "Haha trolololol" as a statement of your surrender.
    Logic wins every time.
  20. Lol lets not hijack this thread guys ;) This is about an update :)
    tjboy11 likes this.