Cross Server Joining -- /server

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by wisepsn, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Why not outside town? Town and wild are completely separate on each server. Doesn't change your location or anything...

Never said it wasn't...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Neither did I?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I like the cross server chat idea, because there are bukkit plugins for that. Also, im sure aikar could code something for that.
    PandasEatRamen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. By saying to me that it's possible after I post implies that I said it wasn't, which was the exact opposite of what I said. :)
    jkjkjk182 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. I like this idea but its just somewhat useless and a waste of coding when you can just logg out to a different smp .
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Normal members have to pay rupees for a server they can barely do anything on?
    Plus, it's not too hard to disconnect servers and click on the other one. The only people I can see that would use this a lot, are lazies. How will we teach the children how to get off their butt, and go, like get a job? :confused:
    I have to agree, it's a good idea, but I see some major problems with it.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Yes, this is true. But it could be a hassle for peoples that are on multiple servers. With this idea, you could do this ingame, do /server (number), get stuff from res, come back, and you do not waist any time. Extremely helpful for Supporters that are going to Utopia and back.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. The reason I dont want people doing this out of town, is because people could be in wild, trapped, and go to /server (number), and be okay. Forget EVERYTHING I just said xD. Maybe it should be implemented outside wild. I wasn't thinking straight. Lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. It is easy if you have it like I do.

penfoldex, mba2012, Curundu and 3 others like this.
  10. Takes about five seconds to log off and get on a specific server. 10 seconds tops if MC or your internet is not okay. It's takes about as long to type the command in. I don't really see a time difference.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Why waist a few clicks when you could just do a command? With just a ingame command, it won't be hard for players. Yes, it is EASY to just log off, but why would you need to do that with just a simple command?

And if it would be easier, Aikar could add code that would make the command even SHORTER like /serv smp1 or /server 1 :cool:
  12. I for one, am normally in favour of suggestions that actually add a new feature, something we couldn't do before.
    This is just something we can do already, but in a slightly different way.
  13. Stop confusing me :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. And that's why kids, never fill your server chat with one connected server :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. I do have res on multiple servers and its no problem for me, and I do have a plot on utopia. Still no problem. I'm just saying this is easily not needed if people just took the extra 3 seconds to logg out and switch
  16. Wow, I actually expected for this to have WAY more negative responses.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  17. This would be sensible if you were also suggesting combining the servers so that a player could only be at one location on the whole of EMC, with only one inventory (so not in wild on SMP5 and town on SMP1). This is what most of these sorts of servers that have this system seem to do.

The servers are, however, separate (which in my opinion is good, as getting far into the Wild would be impractical otherwise). As others have said, therefore, I'd rather Aikar spent his time on the Dragon Egg update etc, for the moment.
    jrm531 likes this.
  18. Yeah , the additional benefit is so minor.