Creating Snow Golems disabled?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Poetepoet, Jan 21, 2013.

1. And yet you have to look at the lag/reward ratio. Having the ability to have a iron golem wander around would be nice. Having squid in my underground water floor would be great. The more they take away from us in town the more town becomes totally worthless. You have to be standing on top of your crops to grow them. We can not have squid or specialty mobs. The number of mobs are limited (although this is worth it because at least we get to have some). But how much do we give up for the sake of these lag fixes.
    SoulPunisher and coldwolf7 like this.
  2. this would also probably cause the price of snow to drop rapidly which would therefore affect the economy and snow would not be needed to buy anymore it would be as cheap as dirt
  3. Unless it was fixed recently, iron golems could/can wonder around town if you have the whole villager-door set-up. They very rarely spawn(ed) though.

A few months ago - when all those people were so vocal about leaving - the wild was empty, mob grinders basically dominated over natural mobs, meaning that natural mobs never really spawned and the lag was so much worse than it is now, that 50% of the time you couldn't place blocks properly or efficiently. Now, some of this was because of a few Minecraft updates - I'm not sure why I'm telling you this though, you're no stranger to it - but without Aikar and all these performance updates/the entcount no natural mobs would spawn, the lag would be soo much worse, the whole experience would be dreadful like it was back then.

Of course, there's a lot of other things that could be said, but I'll leave that to Aikar himself.

I remember that you were one of the people that wanted mobs fixed so easily, so just wanted to add that.

tl;dr without the updates, no mobs would spawn, lag would be a lot worse.

Not that low - maybe planks/cobble value.
  4. On the other hand, it is possible to build a shack on the border of the safezone and anyone can get loads of snow. I don't think that is a factor. Sure, less people do it now, but if they want to it's not so difficult. Anyway, due to a bukkit bug Golems are not creatable anyway at the moment.
  5. Actually, it turned out that mob spawners had little to do with having no natural mobs spawning in the wild. It was a buckkit bug, if I understood properly. Yes, I was one of the people campaigning to get the lack of spawning recognized by the mods. Who, for a long time, denied there was a problem. So, your "facts" seem to be mistaken.

The lag fixes have been done solely to fix lag. /entcount so that people can not spawn to many mobs in one area - to help with lag. I honestly - have had very little lag on emc to begin with. (Except in the nether - goodness help us someone please fix the freaking nether lag) So these "lag fix" updates, while nice, seem minor in my eyes.

What I am saying is that if they take every natural thing away from us in town, then there is no reason to build in town. I prefer building in the wild. I don't like the non vanilla aspects of town. No damage, no weather etc.. The only reason to build in town is because you can build something grand, and nice with no worries of griefing. I mostly build a "base or home" in town which usually ends up as nothing more than a pretty storage area for my wild expeditions. What I am saying is ... I feel like they have taken a lot from us in town. Squid spawning, ets. More flags could help the town experience. Which has come up lacking more and more recently.
  6. I never claimed that they were facts... I thought that was the cause though. Actually, I'm still sure that mob grinders did have something to do with the problem, unless it's a coincidence that they were fixed in the same update (or close). I'm not claiming that's a fact though, either. Just think that it's true.

Aikar wouldn't take away gameplay aspects from EMC players without good reasoning, that's the point I'm trying to make.
  7. Had a similar type of incident yesterday - picked up an egg, chucked it and it spawned 4 chicks
  8. They work in all biomes but die in woods (I think) and deserts.
  9. An egg with four chicks inside? Sounds very possible, but very rare at the same time.
  10. From what i have heard, its not worth the time to add the flag and set restrictions, because EMC is trying to get to the latest version of residence, which has all of the flags people keep asking for. The more time Aikar spends adding individual flags, and little tiny things, the longer it takes to get to all the commands of the updated version of residence.
  11. I'm not sure how we are for that kind of stuff, I just remember Krysyy telling me that it would cause a lot of lag as the server has to track all the flags you have :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. I didn't see a bug report at the Bukkit website for this last I checked. Is there a chance for a progress update? :)