Crafting through my Insomnia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MadMaeMarch, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Oh goodness! I come back today to find lots to reply to! Thank you all. I'll try to get each of them now, starting with one I accidentally missed last night.

Hi Weeh! I'm so sorry that I missed your post last night. I don't know how I skipped it.

I think I would have to say it depends on the day. Always more than 50%, I think that's a fair baseline, and I'm very, very rarely at 8995 or higher -as I have managed to stay free of the mental wards so far- so I probably hover in between 4500 and 8995. When I have to attend a PTA meeting or an event at someone else's family's house I can usually bring it down to the 5000'ish range, but when I'm at a convention hustling my wares in true authory goodness I'm definitely up in the 8500 and higher area.

Awesome! Thank you so much Alarm! Everyone here has been so friendly already, I really don't know what to say. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this great community.

Thanks TechNinja_42! I hope to run into sometime :)

Hi Mercenaries2009!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Honestly, the single mom gig isn't so hard so long as one doesn't try to be perfect all the time. The first few years I tried so hard to keep the house spotless and to go to all the school parent events and volunteer for everything, but eventually I remembered that that's just not me. I realized it was more important to spend an extra 20 minutes curled up reading Harry Potter out loud to the kiddo then to make sure I did the dishes every night; it's not like they're going anywhere, I can always catch up on housework on the two nights she's with her dad. Plus, now that she's older (turned 6 last September) she's into allot of stuff that I think is fun too -like Minecraft even! We frequently get on a world together through the LAN connection and bomb around exploring and building random absurdities. She also loves legos which are awesome and making all kinds of artsy crafty things, which is also fun even for adults- She's also just a sweet, polite, easy going kid in general, so really, she makes it easy to be a mom, even for someone like me who never wanted kids until the first time I heard her heartbeat.

Anyway! I just rambled on for WAY too long about that. Thank you for the offer for help! I'll definitely send you a message some time and chat you up for a bit.

I LOVE that picture :-D I haven't played 5 nights yet but I've been meaning too. Some of my friend who are emersed in horror almost as much as I am have told me it really made them jump, so that's a pretty good sales pitch in my mind.

Anyhow, thank you for the awesome welcome Foxy! I will definitely be around for a while. I love this place so far!

Yay fish! I'll definitely have to check it out sometime. I haven't tried hopping around much just yet, but I'm looking forward to visiting all the different smp's. I'll definitely check your's out first when I do though HxCami10. Great to meet you!

Hi Khixan!

10 sounds like a really fun age! My daughter just turned 6 back in September. It's cliche, but it really does blow my mind how fast the time goes by when you're watching them grow up.

I'll definitely have to do that! I really am loving it so far! I hope to see you around!

Hi FWRonald! I'll definitely do that. Thank you!

Hey again 607! I definitely didn't mind reading the long reply. I love nice, long, involved conversations. Feel free to post or send me long messages any time. I really dig the story behind your name as well, very cool :)

Believe it or not I do occasionally introduce myself as Mae in real life. It mostly depends on the context. People who've known me for ages still call me Jamie, or by my full first name (Jamie is the shortened version, I won't mention the whole thing here) and a select few from high school still call me James -I honestly couldn't tell you how that got started-. I also stick to Jamie in the settings where people have need to know my legal name, such as around my daughter's school or at my previous day job -I was the manager of a crappy mid level hotel for a year and the assistance manager for 3 years before that; quit and never looked back when my freelance gig was able to pay the bills regularly- But in any situations that even vaguely involves my writing I solidly go by Mae. A large chunk of Pittsburgh -closest big city with any worthwhile conventions- doesn't even know I have a name other than Mae March.

Well then! I think that wraps everything up with a nice tidy bow for now. I'll post this very long set of replies and jump into crafting for a bit. Thanks again everyone!
    607 and FoxyRavenger like this.

2. Awesome! I'll be waiting for a message. By the way, you reminded me of my childhood. Me and my mom used to spend a lot of good time together. Except for the part that I wasn't a so much of a sweet... When I was a kid I destroyed the neighbor's concrete wall with a hammer... Don't ask me how I did it.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. Hahahaha! That's almost impressive. Hey, you were just trying to mine some cobblestone, right? Lol :-D
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  4. Lol! Actually I thought making holes in a wall was fun... Until I found out that physics existed.
  5. Wow sounds like you had a rich childhood despite the tragedies you had endured. I grew up in a multi generational home myself and feel blessed for it.
    My little boy (in games I refer to him as "noobleet"or "nooblet" due to I referring to myself as a noob about stuff, and my husband is more leet then I :p ) is 2 1/2 and to smart for my own good lol. But I think he's on the right track besides loving anything with an engine, he brings me books to read to him, and then brings me to his mega blocks to build. So a literate, mincrafter in the works lol making momma proud *^_^*

But enough about me! If you still need that ender chest let me know ^^ I happen to have an extra I can spare. And you should definitely listen to Weeh Smp1 is a very homey server ♡
    khixan likes this.
  6. Make sure it's the waste if you're going for materials, as for the outpost, go to the wild for that :) If you want to know what server you're on, then when building on your plot, just hold tab and it'll tell you which SMP you are playing on!

As for NY, I don't actually happen to live there, it's just a name that I've had for a long time because I used to be very interested in fire departments and used to build Lego fire trucks for them a long time ago :p I live in England :)
    607 likes this.
  7. Welcome to EMC, smp4 rules