Contest: The Incredible Machine!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Alright :)
  2. Username: Sunslayer_1337

Server: smp2

Lot # (or Wild): 3060

status (complete / not complete): complete (but i'll fix some little details)

Location on Lot, if Necessary: Go forward into the shop. When you reach the Ladder turn left. There is the entrance to a small tunnel which ends at the machine.

Function (What does your machine do?):
    I builded a new display (I've never seen this display anywhere before). It changes between 4 small woolarts (21x9 block).
    If the picture is completly loaded, it'll make a break for a few seconds (so that you can see the picture in detail). The good thing about it is that every picture can have different colors (for example: in a redstone-torch display everything is always red).
    The display works with pistons (it works like a cycle). The biggest problem was that the pistons need one block for grip. So there is one line of blocks too much. This means that the machine have to rtecognize every 4th signal and make it longer.
    I hope you like it ;)
    Michael_Nolan and PThagaard like this.
  3. As a redstone geek i am, for the first time in this thread, impressed!

The system is what i use as my "memory" with glass/wool but you have taken it to a whole new level.. Im very amazed of your creativity. (If this is something you haven't seen anywhere else)
    dannydan likes this.
  4. Thank you ;)
    And like i have written: i have never seen that kind of machine before. If anyone finds this machine please tell me ;) Because as long as i know, i'm the first one who used this kind of display :)

5. Username: Dwight5273
    Server: Smp5
    Lot #: 10240
    Location: behind workshop, called Stone Power Plant , will leave door open,
    Function: creates 8=1x1 smooth stone there are two Gen. in the building

Luckygreenbird likes this.
  6. how
  7. how do i enter contest forums or what?
  8. Say what they ask.
  9. Username: Jake81201
    Lot# (Or Wild):3732
    Status (Complete/not complete):Complete
    Location onLot, if Necessary: You spawn by it.
  10. Username: platypus364
    Lot# (Or Wild): 4444
    Status (Complete/not complete): Incomplete
    Location onLot, if Necessary: Spawn and look to the right, there is a sign.
    Function: It is a sliding spiral staircase.
  11. WTH am I looking at?

-Mike
  12. YEAH! 1.2 came out now i can use my fire charges to make my thing but it depends on how long it'll take for EMC to update :0
  13. how What?
  14. Username: pureer11
    Server: utopia
    Lot # (or Wild):
    status (complete / not complete): not complete right now, but will start working
    Location on Lot, if Necessary:
    Function (What does your machine do?): one switch turns on lights that light a room from below with not torches or lava used
  15. APPLICATION:

Username:coolwill98
    Server:smp6
    Lot # (or Wild):12228
    status (complete / not complete):complete might work a bit on touching it up to look nice
    Location on Lot, if Necessary:behind donations outside door
    Function (What does your machine do?):it is a piston elevator to a minecart track into a baconator2000which cooks bacon for you hopefully plenty of pigs to go around ;]
  16. Username: shavingfoam
    Server: smp5
    Lot # (or Wild): 10117
    status (complete / not complete): complete
    Location on Lot, if Necessary: SW corner
    Function (What does your machine do?):

This is automated wheat farm. But unlike most automated wheat farms, in which the wheat is planted on a gently sloping hill, this wheat farm stacks the fields on top of one another. This conserves space on the horizontal plane, something that's great for a server like EMC where your land size is limited.

When the lever is flipped, each wheat field is flooded with water. The water pushes the wheat and seeds to the edges of each field, where they fall into an underground stream. The stream then pushes all the wheat to a central collection point.

There are a total of 12 maximum-density wheat fields (80 wheat per field), yielding a max of 960 wheat and around 1440 seeds. You will likely experience a heavy amount of lag when it is activated, so be sure to run down to the central collection point (the staircase to the right of the lever) as soon as you flip the switch. Toggle the incinerator switch to destroy the wheat as soon as it arrives at the collection point or feel free to collect as much wheat as you want (enough wheat is generated to fill your inventory). The upper floors are accessed using a ladder located on the inside of the building.

Hope you like it!!!

2012-03-02_09.54.08.png

2012-03-02_09.54.23.png

2012-03-02_09.56.23.png
  17. Can we work with another person on this?
  18. yes you may. please put both names on the entry form, and be aware that only one person will win the badge.
  19. umm sorry orange i unclaimed the res.