Contest: The Incredible Machine!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I'm probably gonna enter!
  2. If i wanted to make an animal fryer how would i get the netherrack to light do i just do i do it so the food dont get burned and dissappers any ideas if someone tells me i can enter once i build it :p
  3. Use a flint and steel to light netherack.
  4. well yes i know that :) but im making a instant animal fryer contraption and need ntherrack to light when the get close to it either by button or by pressure pad or somthing along those lines or i may just have water do the trick by pushing them into the fire :)
  5. I wasn't sure what you were asking. My contraption uses water to push the animals on to a fire. I don't know how to light netherack remotely.
  6. yeah thats the problum i keep running into
  7. Yay for me!
    Still working on the hoe activation, but it is up and running with a lever.
  8. There is no way to light Netherrack remotely without using a mod like Buildcraft or Industrialcraft.
  9. Money4friends
    smp2
    complete
    under the disco room
    provides disco lighting creating a very cool effect
  10. As i already explained - yes there is.

Can we stop talking about stuff we haven't tested?
    It really doesn't help...
  11. Actually, it would be possible if you used lava flowing next to the Netherrack, and control the flow with a piston... But even then, I'm not sure if that would work. Does fire spread to Netherrack like it will to wood?
  12. Not like to wood - but with the build on page 3 or 4 it will set fire to the netherrack after a given time period.
  13. Gamerzilla2012
    smp3
    Not Complete
    Behind netherrack and cobblestone 'castle' next to plant farm
    It is a simple automatic plant farm for cactus, melon, pumpkin, and sugar cane which can all be dispensed with a push of a button.
  14. Username: theenigmaparadox
    Server: smp6
    Lot # (or Wild): 12309
    status (complete / not complete): Complete
    Location on Lot, if Necessary: At spawn point, go around shop on the right. When you've reached the back, you'll see the machine.
    Function (What does your machine do?): It is 1x1 automatic wheat harvester. You need a wheat seed (provided to jabrzer0 in the chest by the entrance). Stand between the dispensers inside the entrance and place the seed on the cultivated soil. The machine resets itself, spits out bonemeal, another seed, and kicks back the seed you just planted. Pick them all up. Now you're ready to auto-harvest. Place the seed onto the soil a second time and QUICKLY (easier if using scroll-wheel on mouse) throw the bonemeal onto the wheat plant, and it grows to maturity. The machine harvests the wheat, throws you a seed, and throws you a bonemeal, and you repeat the process. At the very end, you have a stack or two of harvested wheat. Similar things have been created before, however the inside redstone circuitry is something I experimented with using different complex methods.
  15. Username: DeMott_Mafia
    Server: SMP3
    Lot #: 6466
    Location on lot: when using /v 6466 turn around, it is the giant melon
    Function: automatic melon farm
  16. If you fire an arrow on the left side of the iron bars the torch turns on and if you fire an arrow at the right side of the iron bars it turns the torch off! :)
    Works all the way from my res too!!!!!
  17. plz wait 1 day 4 me when r the apps due?
  18. Look at the thread start and read through the entire post. You will be able to then see the deadline.