command suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by GamemakerVIRAL, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. may i suggest you add the /me command, it is similar to roleplay and if you type something like this:
    /me pulls out sword, the outcome would be like:
    *Gamemaker888 pulls out sword*
    i hope this gets in, because its an awesome command :)
    M4ster_M1ner and StoneSky like this.
  2. The /me command is spammed to the point of just being annoying (for example, Rainbow's UHC). -1
    ShrinkingMatt and Patr1cV like this.
  3. EMC isn't really a roleplay server. -1
    Patr1cV likes this.
  4. well i firmly believe this command should not be blocked.
  5. just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you should be blocked
    that's like saying dancing is against the rules because you don't understand it.
    ~footloose
  6. It is a good idea, but I don't think this exactly should happen.

However, an alternative could happen. Maybe have the possibility to italicize text in chat? *text* or something? It wouldn't be that much of a nuisance and it can be widely used for advertising and roleplaying.
  7. well as crazy as it sounds, i will quit emc if i don't see the command get unblocked. really it is sooo trivial why not just unblock it...
  8. im really stressed out about the things in life so if penguin could be a little bit more nicer it would be appreciated.
  9. You can just type it? Why would you quit because of not having a quick typing shortvut
  10. you cant type out
    *Gamemaker888 Pulls out sword*
    because it will always be
    T Gamemaker888 *Pulls out sword*
    see my point :(
  11. Not that big of a deal imo

12. what ever dudes i just want the freaking command to be unblocked, and stop being so smarty about it. because my tolerance of smarty people is getting pretty dim. i am having the worst week ever so a little kindness would help.
  13. It seems pretty trivial to quit emc, because /me isn't a usable command. I agree with the others, *words* would imply the exact same thing, this command would just be abused, and its not really needed.
    PenguinDJ and 607 like this.
  14. what ever I'm just done on this subject. screw who ever blocked it. because its a good command and wasn't worth blocking. I'm just going to request that this be closed since obviously no one freaking cares. and i might quit emc for realsies this time, maybe have a life doing martial arts, or sports.
  15. This has to be one of the craziest threads I've read in a long time. I think you need to take a dmall break GameMaker. As stated before the command may have been blocked to stop players spamming the command. It also doesn't really have much use unless you want to 'spam' the command in chat.

I do agree that /me can be fun at times but I don't believe EMC is the right place for this :( Sorry
    PenguinDJ, 607 and StoneSky like this.
  16. Okay, have fun doing other things in life :)
  17. Rethinking it, I think this could work. I see it only working in local chat though.

>>StoneSky pulls out a stone slab
    607 and ShrinkingMatt like this.
  18. Closing thread per request by Op
    robbi_j likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.