CHRISTIANITY THREAD

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Daxter9133, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Catholicism is a form of Christianity so yes, and videos are mainly music videos from our favorite Christian bands.
  2. Christ is a part of the Holy Trinity, making Him Holy. He is of divine nature. Remember, God became man to pay for OUR sins, and the only way to do that was to be completely sinless Himself, and so no, that's not a possibility. A perfect God would not allow imperfect means to take care of our own imperfections. You can argue this point all you want, but the point is He is God. Perfect. Hope this helps.
  3. Oh, no I'm not confused on the matter I know that Christ was and still is and can only be sinless. It's just a question to get the thinking juices going.
  4. I see the pastor has joined our thread ;)
  5. He's a pastor?
  6. Yeah He could have sinned. He just knew better.
  7. This is the side that the other half of my Bible class took and I see where you get that answer. Ask a group of preachers and you will get answers on either side of the debate.
  8. I disagree. I say he was never even tempted. He never had a desire in his life other than to love.
  9. Yep. We talked God's word for about an hour on monday. He is also Battmegh's Husbin :3
    Hope you don't mind me saying theen :)
    theenigmaparadox likes this.
  10. Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. - Matthew 4:1

Jesus WAS in fact tempted, however He was without sin, therefore overcame the tempter.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  11. "Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
    4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him."
    607 likes this.
  12. I love the verse: "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”.
    It means i can put my trust in Christ Jesus and never be hungry again :)
  13. Catholicism is NOT a form of Christianity. In fact, quite the opposite. They do not follow Christ for who He is. If you read the Catechism of the Catholic Church, you'll find heresies that deny Truth in true Christianity. I'm in the process of writing a book about it. I'm not going to blow this one up, but know that Catholicism is NOT a Christian-based organization. That is NOT to say that someone who considers him/herself catholic aren't CHRISTIANS, if you Trust in the one and only True God and His Son, Christ Jesus, and follow Him wherever He leads you, you are a Christian. Catholicism as an organization, though, is NOT a Christian organization, but more of a modern form of the manifestation of Pharisees.
    cddm95ace and jtc0999 like this.
  14. In contrast, remember to stay hungry at His feet, Hungry to know Him and Hungry to be known and loved by Him.
    607 likes this.
  15. What will the book be called?
    607 likes this.
  16. Havent gotten to the title yet. That will come after much editing and revising. I still have to find cover-art for it =P
  17. Hope i get a copy D:
    607 likes this.
  18. You sir will be on my list for a free copy.
    607 likes this.
  19. :D