[Care to share?]: What is your favorite Minecraft world type?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 8, 2018.

?

Your favorite Minecraft world type?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2018.
Default 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Superflat (one of the default presets) 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Superflat (your own custom preset (care to share?)) 2 vote(s) 16.7%
Large Biomes 3 vote(s) 25.0%
AMPLIFIED 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Customized 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Debug Mode 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 1 vote(s) 8.3%
  1. Hi gang!

One of the things which I appreciate the most about EMC is that the server stays relatively close to vanilla gameplay. No mcMMO, no pet plugins, no glowstone and diamond blocks showing up the very moment you grab a golden shovel, etc. Don't get me wrong: I enjoy playing using server plugins from time to time (one of my favorites being Slimefun), but I also enjoy "back to basics".

Anyway, up until now I always picked obvious world choices for the things to do. Messing around with a redstone project (for sharing with others)? Easy: superflat world, 'redstone ready' preset (bedrock floor, 3 stone layers and 52 sandstone layers) and done. Playing a new survival world? Also simple: default world, and done.

But recently I started experimenting. I'm currently building a new project (to be shared elsewhere) and I've grown really fond of using the 'Overworld' superflat preset. You basically get your normal survival world (including structures such as abandoned mineshafts) but it's flat, much more compact and with less different biomes.

Heck, I even discovered the "MineTrance biome world" this way :eek:

:D

Do you have any favorites?
  2. I think my favorite world type is superflat in its different forms just because I think normal world generation is super ugly. Typically I use a custom preset that's similar to the default one but with more layers of dirt to build in

Normal worlds look bad to me because the biomes are all very small and rough, nothing looks smooth or like it would exist in the real world, and mountains are tiny and don't even look like real mountain ranges. Over all, in terms of biome generation, Minecraft isn't even my favorite block based game
  3. I'm partial to amplified myself.
  4. I voted 'other' because it depends. For normal play I'm really happy with default. I mean... sceneries like these are in my opinion plain out spectacular:

And it's all pretty default.

But for creative stuff I've now become really happy with the super flat overworld preset. I even started a normal survival play to see if it's doable to actually finish the game this way :)
  5. 14 of the 23 worlds I have in my saves folder and 10 of the 10 worlds I have in my build backups folder (wich is the folder in wich I move finished projects) are superflat with my own settings: 1 bedrock 62 dirt 1 grass, no structures, no weathercycle. It is great for building and by far my favourite.
    (The other ones are my redstone testing worlds (2) and seven worlds generated by worldpainter, some used to check custom layer, some for actual projects.)