Calling LOTR fans.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wwii1992, Jan 1, 2014.

?

Which one to build?

Shire 7 vote(s) 14.6%
Mines Of Moria 6 vote(s) 12.5%
Minas Tirith 10 vote(s) 20.8%
Rivendell 13 vote(s) 27.1%
Helms Deep 4 vote(s) 8.3%
Isengard 8 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. I think we decided on Rivendell first, then Isengard.
    Equinox_Boss and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  2. Ya know what, I think Ima make Isengard too at my new wild location. I'll probably be doing the whole thing too. Might take a bit.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Why stop there...

Build Middle Earth.
    Equinox_Boss and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  4. I think... you're onto something there...
    How bout someone builds bree
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  5. It would be hard to build all of middle earth, but you have to take scale. Which would be a lot of land we'd have to scale.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Yea.. I started writing a post about that and it ended up a HUGE discussion with myself on scale, detail, location etc. So I just abandoned it and left the thread. lo (No one wants to read that drivel).

Basically, Even building individual areas to scale will not be possible, due the the height restrictions of MC. On top of that, you have geographical problems. The biomes in MC won't match up with Middle-Earth 'Biomes'.

So anyway, I'm gonna drop this, and leave you all too it. :) G'luck.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Waiting...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. i think we're talking about the tower + grounds

and i really hope we will do isengard because reasons :3
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Ok, so. It's basically a tie between Rivendell and Isenguard. Rivendell requires more landscaping, vs Isengard which is more building, if it's ok with you Clono, we would build it within a thousand blocks of Erebor. Just so scare new players into think some LOTR freak is stalking them. Anyway. We would need tons of stone, building materials for Isengard, vs Rivendell, we need tools. I'll let it be your guys choice.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. anyways, we'll need tons of folks for this one. I'll help anyways but my favorite would be orthanc
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Ok, I need a lot of mules... To bring supplies..
    Chascarrillo and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. If you guys are taking volunteers, count me in. If you still need mules/donkeys, I have tons. I can also offer (unenchanted) diamond tools created by villagers.
    jacob5089, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. Coords please, I established a safe point at -7478, -10188 with jakres.
    EDIT: Feel free to come.
  15. I think a good location, flat and with a lot of resources, would be inside this red line
    rivendell.jpg
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  16. Not sure if that is close to Erebor..
  17. that is actually quite close to erebor, seems to be ok to me
    i'll explore that area soon
  18. Okay, Jakres and I are in the zone.
  19. Rivendell would be the better challenge, Isengard would be quick and not as magnificent as Rivendell. but you could always build Isengard after too c:
  20. Isengard is a challenge too. Have you thought about all the materials necessary, the height and width of the tower, and all the caves? Sure Rivendell has mountains and stuff, but I think the both are a challenge :D
    607 likes this.