Calling LOTR fans.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wwii1992, Jan 1, 2014.

?

Which one to build?

Shire 7 vote(s) 14.6%
Mines Of Moria 6 vote(s) 12.5%
Minas Tirith 10 vote(s) 20.8%
Rivendell 13 vote(s) 27.1%
Helms Deep 4 vote(s) 8.3%
Isengard 8 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. anyways, im at the shelter you guys made in the village.
  2. Which SMP is this on? :oops:
  3. that must be the second, master hobbit
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  4. Thank you, master clonotron :)
  5. Okay I'll be there in a second, how about we begin flattening and cleaning the trees?
  6. wowow, first you'll need to know the dimensions and the direction you want to build to.
    also, isnt it more interesting to build in a place from the newest update? because when i explored the area there was an obvious and ugly line from the old and new update.
    607 likes this.
  7. now i've gone exploring to the west. exactly copying the setting from the movie is kinda impossible so I'm trying to find a biome that comes as close as possible. Also I realise that Rivendell will be as big as that entire biome
    607 likes this.
  8. aaaand i found a really great area, it has 2 really awesome snowy peaks around it and its in the middle of some enormous woods. it's at -8070;-8441.
    If ya'll agree, I'd like to build Rivendell there as it seems to be a ideal place.
    + It's as far from Erebor as the previous location but most of the voyage would be over water
    607 likes this.
  9. Not bad. On my way!
    607 likes this.
  10. Yay. I really appreciate how you are doing this clonotron! :)
  11. when I was looking through the upcoming stuff that will be added on the next update i saw that they will add granite, andesite and diorite. This seems to be way more appealing than all other blocks for this build so if anyone would like to bring something along : nether quartz is something we will be needing
    607 likes this.
  12. What's the coords where we're building, eh?
  13. Near -8200, -8200. Come, we have cookies and beef!
    607 likes this.
  14. i have a feeling that some of us live in way too far timezones to get online at the same time ...
  15. I live in Spain, where do you live?
  16. oooh nice, belgium here so this might be less of a problem.
    but i usually only get online in the evening so we might meet up

i started to roughly sketch the contours of some buildings and i marked the potential areas with torches.
    (that on the place i mentioned before)
    Also I noticed we can make the cliffs steeper and make some new ones as we see it in the movies.
    I'll also add some waterfalls soon
  17. Here a pic of my preparing works, far in the back in the middle I'm marking foundations and heights of a building complex.

on the left I was also thinking of adding some stuff on the mountainflank

From now on easily reachable with the bridge (also raw sketch)
    rivendell.jpg
  18. I dont know if anyone has mentioned these but these would be awesome:
    Misty mountain cave where Bilbo meets Golem and obtains the ring. ( also Thorin and Company are captured)
    The top of the mountain where the Balrog flys with Gandalf to fight.
    Rohan + Horse Statues.
    Rivendale.
    Lothlorien ( The awsome Elvish Place )

Actualy now that i think about it. ANything form Lord of the Rings Would be awsome becuase i am a massive fan :)
    Also I would give you this link: http://www.empireonline.com/features/lord-of-the-rings-100-facts/ your welcome..
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  19. I'm going to start heading to the said place :)
    jacob5089 likes this.