Calling All Dragon Egg Owners!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Well the last dragon egg was sold for 2 million rupees. Now each owner will get 20 dragon eggs. So divide 2 million by 20 and you should have the new average price.
  2. That means the price will be 100,000 rupees per egg.
  3. Probably not that much... because you also have to factor in the fact that there will be more Dragon Eggs in the Market, And 2 Mil. Was the absolute highest price anybody was willing to pay for one.
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. enderdragon eggs don't hatch.... I sure hope you were trolling.
    margaritte and chickeneer like this.
  5. Yup, currently they don't unless you have a plugin but people are hoping it's a future thing.
  6. Wow I hope the special offer is good because Robot_chicken is going to be gutted after spending 2 mill on there egg.!!
  7. The offer is good :D 20 Dragon Eggs may not be worth 2 million rupees; but he will be definitely benefiting from buying the Dragon Egg. Eagerly awaiting the next stage of this :D
  8. xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and Twitch1 like this.
  9. That's where you're wrong, at least to start with. The eggs will be valuable for their use, not just as decoration. For instance, it is highly likely that I will "use" all 40 of my (and krysyy's :p ) dragon eggs. There's an inherent value in them for being a display piece, but people will be buying them to use more than anything.

Eventually eggs will become more common, and thus balance out around there I believe. For now, I doubt highly they will go anywhere near that price, as the players with millions of rupees will all want one for their use, and drive the price up. My estimate is around 250k.
    mba2012 and topdawg657 like this.
  10. Twitch1 likes this.
  11. I can live with it, having 2mil+ have benefits =P
    I wonder how many eggs I can get my hands on :rolleyes:
  12. Think i could have 1 or 2 when you get them :p
  13. Does this mean that every player that will own a dragon egg will get a piece of bedrock? Or will the current holders get their bedrock removed?
  14. Not everybody will 'automatically' get bedrock - but it isn't out of the question that more bedrock will be around for Pedestals...

The current Dragon Owners will get 20 Back, so they could still keep one to display if they wanted to...
  15. Well that's one way to think about it :)

There is options for players here really.

You can sell to us and get 20, then sell off say half of them to make some your money back and keep the rest for what we have planned,
    or you can sell it, save the money, and wait for the prices to slowly drop (or they could rise... we are letting the players control the pricing here and it will not be in /shop)

but if it drops below 100k, you could in theory get more than 20 eggs for your money!

but vice versa, if you get 20 eggs, and sell them for 200k each, you double your profits.

The choices are yours!

I will say it will likely take at least a week before any constant flow of eggs comes into the economy, because I've tried my best to kill you guys in every way possible, and it will take players a bit to even figure out how to get one, as we are intentionally not releasing all the details to make it more interesting!

:)

So there is potential the initial eggs can sell for quite a bit...
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. I'm excited for this - It looks like it could really provide a boost to the economy.
  17. Well if I knew that I could had gotten 20eggs I would had keept my egg. I never thought we COULD get more eggs with 1egg. I thought that ignoramoose was telling me to keep it because of the unique feature it will get.

But ohwell I sold it, not much to do now. That's the downside of investing in stuff, sometimes you get scared and sell it back, and sometimes you go all in to see what will happen =P
  18. That is one goal... To give something valuable to "flow" in the economy. And now that more eggs will be obtainable, players won't fear selling them, so there will be a lot of trade for the eggs.

And were not done with them after this update... We have 1 usage that is scheduled to go out with the update, but we are also trying to figure out more ways to give them other uses too to keep demand extremely high.

However, I will say one of the biggest goals here is COMMUNITY... This update will have a very strong (positive) impact on building the community, and that is the main goal. So if economy gets impacted (ie price of egg drops really low), then that will be an acceptable sacrifice.

We will likely tweak the properties after launch, which could mean making the eggs even more common...
    We will watch as things go.

We're going to try to keep the price of the egg stable and valuable, but economy will not block us from obtaining our goals in community building.