*c* The Mystery and Happy Halloween!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Oh so the mob is a spooky chicken but its called a spooky egg because you can only see the egg?
    607 and chickeneer like this.
  2. Exactly. Cool, huh?
  3. It doesnt work for me i am sneaking and right clicking :O
  4. I think the spooky eggs should be replaced with something less buggy.. I bought it and believed that it wouldn't turn into a normal egg on the ground later on :(
  5. are there any halloween features still working, like the candy from mobs?

Also, does the hat just give random messages when you wear it and nothing else? Woulda been great if when you put the hat on, you could see a horse with a mob on it or something in the distance, but you couldn't reach it. It'd just keep backing up and following
  6. What happened? Only way to lose it is if the chicken dies... It is an animal just like any other animal.

If your seeing the chicken just die out of nowhere then let us know, but ive not received any bug reports saying the egg randomly despawned.

Protect it just like you would need to for a netherhound egg. you can turn animal damage off.

Likely turning it off tomorrow, but ensure you have sounds turned on.
  7. Ohhh I just tried turning on my volume.
    I fear this hat.
  8. I forgot to mention that the egg turned into a normal egg on the ground after the server restarted
    Also, I was told by someone that their eggs were duplicating (he said the spooky eggs were laying spooky eggs)
  9. I don't really see how the spooky eggs would lay spooky eggs :confused:
  10. the spooky eggs are actually chickens. there could be a bug that makes them lay spooky eggs. mine turned into a normal egg on the ground after the server restarted.
  11. It might have despawned due to the normal despawn rules. In vanilla anyway, an animal despawns if it can move over 20 blocks in any direction.

Also, I was told about the same duplicating by someone who sold 80+ eggs for 5k each. Then again, he also told me he got them at a drop party, and also his friend gave them to him to sell... It was probably the same kid.
  12. The egg dupe issue was bandaided over the weekend. Still not 100% sure on why its happening yet but I found a way to 100% identify the dupes and it removes them when it happens so its no longer an issue (But I have to keep studying the code to fix the underlying problem)
  13. There was a spooky egg dupe.. There goes the 17 that I paid full price for lol
  14. It was stopped and deleted many stacks, so not too much gotten out.

No massive scale duping was done.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  15. Well no, because duping is against the rules..
  16. I was saying that when items are duped, the number of them in the economy are increased and therefore the value generally goes down. Hope Aikar is right in that not many got out.
  17. Just checked over logs, its likely very low percentage compared to overall # sold from the shop itself.

Just let supply and demand control the price and ignore that it happened.
  18. if I may ask how many did /shop sell?