Buying Suportership with Rupees

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 99marvel, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I will exept that those are the rules but i fail to see how the risks are different if you ask or if someone else does
  2. Since this is an illegal like thread... I'm still waiting for it to be closed. I'm surprised it hasn't been closed yet.
    Panda_Paradise likes this.
  3. That's what I've been told by multiple staff. I think it's because it's along the lines of trying to bribe people for real life money through virtual currency therefore to cut down on it they make it so that it only happens if the person with the real money would agree.
  4. How is it illegal? He's not doing anything he's just asking about a rule..
  5. Yes... about the rule, but buying the supporter is illegal with rupees. He's not doing anything illegal, it's just paying someone to buy you a supporter is illegal.
  6. Then how is it "illegal-like"? There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking for clarification; but you said this was illegal like.
  7. Dunno really, I see stuff like this get closed a lot. At first we think it's a cool idea, and then turns to the down parts. I guess this thread can go on. If someone offers to buy supporter then it would be fine, but paying someone to with just asking IS illegal.
    Panda_Paradise and xHaro_Der like this.
  8. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/auction-diamond-membership-for-one-month.24112/
    How can you say something is illegal, when it never has been defined?
    THE_LEGEND4 and Pab10S like this.
  9. Panda_Paradise likes this.
  10. Still has never been defined. That was referring to auctioning supporterships. Im not saying that it is legal, but there is no point in calling it illegal before a staff member determines if it is or isn't.
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  11. I've already spoken with several staff members including an admin and they all say that it is legal if you get offered supporter in exchange for rupees, but illegal if you ask them to buy you supporter.
  12. Proof would be nice. And it seems that in this situation, both parties are ok with it. From what you have said, it is legal.
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  13. I'm not saying that this thread should really be closed. Just in case, we should have a mod or an admin declare if this is legal of illegal. But so far it would be legal to me now.
  14. You need proof of me talking to staff members? Go ask them yourself if you don't believe me.
  15. You saying that you talked to staff members =/= staff replies, especially in a matter like this. All I asked for was that you back up your statement, which is perfectly reasonable. Proof of staff replies, and them saying that something is illegal/legal could save everyone time and effort, and the situation could be solved. But just you saying that you talked to staff members about it doesn't actually mean anything.
    THE_LEGEND4 and cddm95ace like this.
  16. The act of lying about speaking to a staff member in itself, is IMO pretty useless. Of course I don't screenshot all my conversations so if you have doubts nobody's stopping you from asking yourself :)
  17. Some people hear something, but subconsciously say another.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/someone-exploited-a-mistake-in-my-shop-and-stole-400-000r.20578/
    This thread, as an example, almost all of us had taken something said by staff members before, and applied it to that thread. Turns out that a good amount of us were wrong.
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  18. staff members are not infallible, we make mistakes. or even rules change depending on situations. that is why we have an appeal system and even some contradicting statements pop up sometimes. if you ever have a question on something mods say try and get ahold of one of the higher ups, they can set things right for ya :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.