Buying Suportership with Rupees

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 99marvel, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This has happened before. Someone auctioned off one month of diamond supporter.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. Already linked it. ;):p
  3. Why do I always have to be the guy who shows up late? :(
  4. Its better to make sure a point is covered, rather than gamble on it already being mentioned. :)
    xHaro_Der and boozle628 like this.
  5. Not all of us. Check out Melodytune's posts starting at #21. Until ICC came along, she was the only one defending the poor guy.

Regarding the topic, I had remembered and came to link the auction you linked earlier. I think the rules could be interpreted both ways. We aren't supposed to buy or sell items outside of the EMC Community. Money is something that is technically outside of the community, but at the same time it is being used for a Supportership which could be considered a part of it. Another thing is that I think it would be expected to be done here. Trying to do something like this on eBay would likely be a no-no.

I think it falls into that in between area where it is really the intentions of the participants that matters and the spirit of staying in the community stays intact. If I wanted to buy you a month of Diamond to be nice I'm sure no one would complain. If I tried auctioning off a month for Dragon Egg for real cash it probably wouldn't go over so well.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. Players exchanging rupees for real world money/services bought with real world money is currently not allowed on EMC.
    boozle628 and cddm95ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.