Buying: one sponge

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by MmarkM, May 6, 2015.

1. Back before it could be crafted, circle stone only went for about 150r a piece, and there were only three blocks of that per jungle temples (which are rarer than ocean monuments). If sponges are going for 2-3k, I'd be amazed. :confused:
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. But sponge have a use other than a building material.
    georgeashington likes this.
  3. You also have to fight the guardians/elders whereas you don't have to do that in jungle temples.
    DubChef likes this.
  4. What else can you do with sponge? Sorry I'm a 1.8 newbie :p
  5. Suck up water xD That's what sponges are for in real life too, right?
    You can only use them once, though, and then they turn into a wet sponge. You then need to put them in the oven to have the water gasify, and it'll be dry again.
  6. There don't seem to be that many guardians in the temples (mainly around 'em), and the elders aren't too hard to fight. Besides, the sponges in the elders aren't the only sponges; there are also caches in certain areas some of the time. All in all, they're just a heck of a lot more common than circle stone. :p
    They're kind of annoying to use due to the whole smelting, though. However, I could see why that would cause a price hike, but probably only be about 50r, tops.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Yes, they are easy for some people. I had no problem killing them, but some people will not want to kill them or are afraid to.
    DubChef, 607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. Ok thanks! :)
    607 likes this.