Businesses idea!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Buildershed, Sep 28, 2017.

?

Support?

Agree 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Disagree(please leave ->logical<- reason for Disagreement) 4 vote(s) 66.7%
  1. I have an idea, this idea is called businesses.

Why this idea.
    This idea was created for people who want to make more rupees quicker.

About this idea.

Businesses would allow the player to hire other players, and players to sign up for ingame jobs for rupees.

Owners would be able to change rupees per payout for workers, the minimum price for payout would be 50 Rupees to prevent scamming; Create jobs; claim areas for business, set up interview questions; and fire people.

Businesses would be 1000 rupees to create.

No minimum payout for diamond supporters

15 for gold supporters

and 37 for Iron supporters.

Diamond supporters would get 2x as much money out of a paycheck.

Iron and gold would get 1.5x as much money out of a paycheck.
  2. Without any changes there is kind of this ability now. Access to specific areas for players and shop owners can hire people to fill items or the forums notes for buying, hiring and jobs.

Now, this is a lop sided situation though due to more new people wanting to get rupees than older players hiring out jobs and such.

So the cool part of this would give in game job postings. However, my feeling is it is a lot of overhead in code and such to control this for what is likely to not have much use and has some alternatives. I also see some problems with like the shop/mall where those become out of date and no longer work due to inactivity.

I have multiple items that people can sell me in my shop right now and I have posted to buying many a times but no one is selling. Sure it takes work to gather it but that is the essence of a "job" so it seems to me that even if I had a business posting I may not get anyone to do it. Again, save the in game new person not using the forums that may try the /business or /v +business option to take them to open signs.

Anyway, I do like the idea in general but I have to -1 it for EMC based on other things that exist already.
  3. Aikar actually had a somewhat similar idea here:

Quests: Little Mini Tasks to give players something to do to earn rupees/items.
    • Attempt to let players create their own tasks to essentially create "for hire" tasks of things they need done and let the system enforce the completion before payout.
    Overall I like the idea - perhaps when Empires becomes available, there will be more versatility with "roles"
    -ET
    fBuilderS likes this.
  4. I honestly do like the idea and though it would be a neat edition I don't see it having a place on EMC. As mnjoe70 stated, EMC already has a system for hiring players for jobs. Making an actual system for it would be very time consuming and take a large amount of coding for a feature that wouldn't benefit a large amount of players. It's a creative idea, but really wouldn't work. -1
  5. I'm sorry, I don't see this working...
    I mean, you alredey can set up things like this, you just ahve to do it all yourself (If I understand you corrrectly) I mean, I have been part of a biulding group (stopped around two years ago, you won't be able to recall it :p ) someone was leading it, getting build requests, advertising, and we were just building things... That person set it up all himself, and it worked (well, kind of...) you dot have to have staff to make things work for you... just make a thread, requiting people for what you want to do, to after that set up the buisness therad, easy as that, no extra rules rerquired, wich, as you might know, is a bad thing. (The more rules, the less people are willing to follow them usually, more rules also makes doing things in those rules less plesant)
    ShelLuser likes this.