[BUIlD] signs

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by louiskw, May 2, 2012.

1. Sorry, but thats not what this post is about
  2. Guys, the only reason I referenced worldedit is to provide a well-known example of a region selection system. I am not proposing that ANYONE have rights to use worldedit, I am just bringing up its region selection system.
  3. Every body forget what anybody has said, I'm not referencing any of those ideas. In Classic MP, you can do stuff such as click a number of blocks, then say a command (placing a sign if you wish in EMC) and then something happens to all of those blocks. WHAT IF: you could place a sign with a command on it, then say some command, and click the number of blocks they can edit, such as say there is a 3x3 square. You click 2 opposite corners. Say there is a 3x3x3 Cube. You click one corner on the bottom and the opposite on the top for the whole room.
  4. Make something like RTS, you put a command like /res buildsign 1 (you stand on 1 point of build sign "coords") then /res buildsign 2 (Second point of build, just like WorldEdit) then you place the sign somewere in that selected are and some co-ords appear like:

BuildSign
    X:xxxxx
    Y:xxxxx
    Z:xxxxx
  5. This post is nearly a month old
  6. It is a good idea though. I would love to see it implemented!
  7. It's impossible to say how long it will take for anything to be implemented as justin is getting ready for 1.3 and the server api changes. But im sure give it a month and a bit, there will be a few new things.
  8. Justin will come back to us eventually, and then we will start getting all this stuff taken care of.
  9. That is good.
  10. OH MY GOODNESS!!

An EMC launcher?!? That would be epic beyond proportions! I have seen and heard of other servers out there that have their own launchers, and it seems to work very well.

Bepopvox just uploaded his 60th episode of the minecraft monday show, and in it is a video of a french server (wont say due to rules) but they have a custom launcher and they have really cool Minecraft Raves* every so often with a light/laser/ fireworks show. (Of course EMC wont do this) but it is through the launcher that players can use, like you said, acceptable mods. It saves the hastle that it is for some players installing mods :D

Really love that idea, certainly worth waiting for :D

*A rave is a dance party :p
  11. Off topic. But EMC would have to work with normal minecraft launcher otherwise no new players would join. Also with 1.4 ( a long way, 6 months?) comes the modding api and client gui's that can be customised by the server
  12. Dont know so much about working with normal mc launcher, but maybe when players join, they are directed to downloading the client. It is hassle free. And it doesnt kill to download a client that will give you the ability to play on one of the best servers.

How is it off topic if I am replying to someone's post in the thread?

Justin is boss at coding, he doesnt need someone to give him the modding api :p
  13. The minecrafter launcher was off topic.
    Currently there is no way to push things like mods and downloads to the client through the server.
    The modding API will be introduced into the normal launcher. That means that every player in the big wide world will have it. Not just the few that installed the custom client.

Personally if I came across 2 servers. 1 has a custom client and the other uses the normal minecraft launcher then I would leave the former and stick with the latter.
  14. No it wasnt? The original post was by an admin, so go argue with him and say that it was off topic.

Yes the modding API will be introduced, however, the server will have its own custom client tuned and tweaked to suit what is on the server. Not everyone in the "big wide world" would need to have it if they dont play on EMC. But seriously, servers having a dedicated launcher is something new and interesting. It will have many benefits.

So would you choose a crap server over a good one purely because of installing another launcher? Because if you ask me that is just laziness...
  15. Just an idea that I saw on a minecraft faction server, it was //wand then you hit a point with n axe then another after you have done that, I don't know but it could be possible to have it like //build then like someone's name? Just an idea :D
  16. Its true, I would choose the other server over lazyness but sometimes thats what many things come down to.

Also I started this thread. [build] signs and minecraft launchers don't seem so related...
  17. Worldedit :D I think this came up a few posts back. Its a great idea though
  18. Well then complain to icecreamcow, I am just quoting him and giving feedback.
  19. The launcher is still in the works, however, it won't be mandatory or anything. New players will be directed tothe launcher as an option, but everyone will still be allowed to use the regular MC launcher, from what I've heard.

As for RoBoT_ChIcKeN's point, I already said that. Great minds think alike :)