[Build Contest] JustinGuy Tribute (old)

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Maxarias, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Them were the days. *tear*
    PenguinDJ, 607, _Stads_ and 10 others like this.
  2. Lol got mixed up, i thought that was Utopia though...
    Equinox_Boss and xHaro_Der like this.

3. the last picture looks the same as the second-to-last picture, but its the back of the pedestal, and the second-to-last picture is the front of the pedestal, but the pedestal is the same on the front as it is on the back back (which was the point in including both pictures XD)

i used the same blocks for justinguy as eclipsys did, so the credit for that part goes to him, as long as he's ok with it

however, there wasnt enough room for the cape, so that isnt included, sadly

yes, its on creative, but ill move it to emc as soon as i get all the blocks (feel free to donate XP)

lastly, it would be the 32x30 1, and the glass border is not part of the build, but everything inside of the border is
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Shorten the pool of water, move the statue forward and add a cape. The pool is a tad too large (imo). And maybe a smaller Blaze? The cape can also hang straight down.

maybe move the sword to the center of JGs body (so that the one arm doesn't look that odd), this way you could make the blaze smaller and add the cape.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. i wud have shortened the pool of water, but the blaze wud still be in the way, so i cud only shorten it like 3 blocks, and ill try moving the blaze to the center and maybe making him a little smaller, then ill see if i can fit in the cape

and i tried making the cape hang straight down, but it looks like messed up XD
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Here's my tribute, from the bottom of my potato heart.

Justinguy, carrying a potato shield, and french fry sword.
    PS : If I need to add more, just tell me. I have a small plan in case. :)
    (smp6, /v Choongjae, answer the question correctly, go to the aboveground teleport, and go straight, past the Christmas tree.)
  7. crap forgot about this, must... get... to... work...!
    Equinox_Boss and hashhog3000 like this.
  8. Here's my tribute to Justin. A Glass Cow. Smp1 403.

Glass Cow1.jpg Glass Cow2.jpg
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. 1734 on smp1. Just build it, thought it looks okay...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Just out of curiosity, what will happen with Justin's private project on the 120x120 res in SMP7? I think 7, anyway. Will it be open to public, or left there as a massive monument? Or will it be erased?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. As an smp7-er, I would love to finally see what's behind the giant obsidian wall.
  12. I'll bump this with a question:
    Are video entries allowed? Cause my building features moving stuff, and I made a 1 minute video for the contest.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I reset the res that my tribute was on. Please forget my entry.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I will be entering ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

15. Residence 3028, smp2
    It's a 32x32 area, the fountains have an on/off switch and an infinite loop button
    Olaf_C, 607, Equinox_Boss and 3 others like this.
  16. well, the deadline's approaching, so i think ill bump this XP

Btw, is schematica allowed on emc, so that i can import a ghost image of my build from ssp onto emc? It would just make it much easier to build the creation on emc if i could use a "template"
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. You'd need Schematica mod for that, which requires Minecraft Forge 1.7.4. The current version of Forge is 1.7.2 and it could take a while for Forge 1.7.4 to be released.

When Forge 1.7.4 is released Schematica mod can upgrade. But until Forge is released, there won't be a new Schematica mod version.

So you have to build it on your own.
    QuarterStop and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. isnt 1.7.2 compatible with 1.7.4?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. The current Forge 1.7.2 is filled with bugs and I have not yet succeeded in getting it to work. Apart from that the Schematica mod isnt updated to 1.7.2 either so you'd have to wait.

And with the closing date in a few days, I'd suggest you double client the building. So you open it in SP in one client and build it on SMP in the other.
    607, QuarterStop and Equinox_Boss like this.
  20. not sure about forge having bugs, but schematica is updated to 1.7.2...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.