Buhbyes EMC (closed)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by VirtualJunky, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guys, lets not turn this into a flame war. Lets stay on topic..

Sad to see you go snow, hope you return in the future.
    RebelSpartan0826 likes this.
  2. I just met you, and now your gonna leave. Without your help I would not have been able to give Killa diamond supporter. Since you're leaving all I can really say is I wish you luck, and I hope someday you decide to return.
  3. My autobiography is available from: :p if you want to know the time between me joining and me becoming a mod.
    SMP5 - /v 10034
    SMP8 - /v 16008
    SMP7 - /v 14005
    southpark347, Kyzoy and JackBiggin like this.
  4. Spoiler: Scruffy is kind of a big deal. ;)
    southpark347, Kyzoy and NZScruffy like this.
  5. I thought you meant in real life :p #DumbSoul
    But he'd been here for more than 8 weeks ;)
  6. Bearly. :p /badpun
  7. Shameless self advertising :p
    607 and NZScruffy like this.
  8. Have pun in hell, Jack :mad:
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. So, we have a bit of a misunderstanding, and I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. So here it goes.

I have been in pretty frequent contact with Aikar since I joined, sharing my experiences as a new player, and trying to make aware of things I found to be issues or hard for a new player. So pretty much since I joined, I've been trying to help with player retainment.

With how busy Aikar is between real life and working on DT, the pace of the conversation was quite slow, but made progress. I started to hint that I have a pretty good amount of experience with creating websites and owning Minecraft servers and that I could help with some of these issues and work toward becoming development.

For the last week or so the conversation has been at a standstill for the most part. I took this as a sign that I had pushed to hard to soon. It also seemed like there was no chance to become part of the team with how things were laid out, which I now realize was because Aikar didn't want to provide false hope, I will get into that more in a minute.

So that turned out to be a misunderstanding, based on that he was a bit more busy then normal, and also had a very busy weekend. Meanwhile he was talking with staff to see if any were opposed to the idea, and checking my background to see if I was valid on my word. This is where I believe the false hope thing comes in, I don't think he wanted to hint at it or even say he was looking into it, because if it didn't end up working out then it would just be weird.

I do still stand by what I have said, and I still do believe there is issues to be solved. EMC is a wonderful server with an even better community, but nothing is perfect. I will be staying and continuing to work with Aikar on the side issues, so he can keep focused on DT. Both Aikar and myself do not know where this will lead or end up, but if I can continue to help better the community, and help it move forward then that is what I will do.

I just hope that by even creating this thread to start with hasn't burnt to many bridges or will change how some of you feel about me. I also hope that you see it was just a misunderstanding, and that happens, as we're human. Aikar and I are already moving past this via PM, and getting back on track with moving things forward.

Thanks to everyone who has supported both the server and myself through this, and didn't get heated on the subject.

-SnowyBearr
  10. Wait. Are you still buhbying or not? You confuse little 607.
  11. He is staying. He admitted that he jumped the gun and has apologized above.

Closing thread to stop further confusion.
  12. As for other points mentioned in his post, we will work on correcting any miscommunication about the contributor role :) Snowy has provided some examples of concern and we are now resolving them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.