[Bug?] Blizz Ard not taking damage in hot biomes

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by We3_MPO, Feb 13, 2018.

1. I was able to lead a Blizz Ard into a desert and trap it there, which I was doing intentionally thinking it would take heat damage like a normal snow golem. It still isn't taking any damage unless I hit it. Is this a bug, or an intended strength of Blizz that snow golems don't have?

P.S: I would think that savannas and mesas would have the same results as deserts, as snow golems would also take damage in those due to the heat.
  2. As far as I know, from experience, the biome type doesn't affect the Blizz Ard in any way except that it doesn't leave a snow trail in arid biomes.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. I noticed the lack of a snow trail. I was just asking if the lack of heatstroke damage was intended or bugged.
  4. I did a lot of Blizz Ard hunts first year I was on EMC and it was like that and I've been around for over two years now. I assume if it was a bug, it would have been fixed by now, so I'm going to go with it's an intended thing. Considering that Blizz Ards are an event mob and have a relatively low spawn rate, I feel that it wouldn't make sense for any that spawn in arid biomes to up and die from heatstroke like regular snow golems do.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. I'm positive that this isn't a bug, these mobs are simply not affected by the environment. For example, if either of these (Blizz or even a Super Turkey) steps into lava then this won't damage them either. Instead they'll go for a swim and taunt us players to kill them so that all their drops would get destroyed instantly :eek:

So... It's not a bug, it's a feature (and they know it! :D ).
    We3_MPO and cTJx like this.
  6. Def not a bug. I did this in my outpost as well. Since they don't spawn in deserts and I needed one there, I had to lure it in. I think it doesn't take damage because it's an EMC custom mob and needs player damage to get hurt. I've had a Blizz Ard here for over a year and it's still there.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. It might be so that they don't kill themselves if they walk/people lure them into hotter biomes. :)
    We3_MPO and ThaKloned like this.
  8. This is the default MC behavior. On EMC it's been changed to act like a hostile mob so it would attack/follow a player. I believe it was last year, Aikar changed them so they couldn't be killed by accidentally falling into lava or being hostile to other mobs. So now only player damage hurts them. Maybe this ties into biome temp damage.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. As the players have already indicated, this is an intended feature. It prevents them from dying of heatstroke and therefore requiring that a player is the one to do the damage in order to obtain the special drops.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. Blizz has fire resistance, and that keeps him from dying of heatstroke! He’s so... cool. *yeaaaah*
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Thanks everyone for the clarification.