Biggest Mistakes EVER

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Ryuga_XI, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Eating poison potaters always works for me
  2. So......I kind of had a full set of diamond enchanted tools and armor with mee, and lots of food that ive worked on for like weeks.....I went to the nether....iDied and couldn't find the spot again
    Lessons learned:
    -Screw the nether (like for the yogscast reference)
    -Never go to the nether unless you HAVE TO, and bring only iron armor and tools, not diamond....to expensive
    plasma131 likes this.
  3. Waaay back in Beta 1.0, I had a pretty cool base. Then one day I decided to go outside and mine some trees. I seen a little pool of water, with a flow streaming down from the top of this hill-like formation above the pool. I decided to go mine enough trees for a boat.
    I got lost and never saw the base again and a few days later I had to wipe my computer (this happened once every 3 months towards the end of that computer's life :p)
    Lesson learned:
    -Back up your worlds and save them onto an external date storage.
    -Use Rei's Minimap. (I didn't know about that mod at the time, or about mods at all... Infact modding was new to MC when I started playing. There was no MCForge, just a primitive, early version of modloader. )
  4. Well once a long time ago at the start of my EMC days back in like 1.8 or something there was this ravine next to this camp and a flowing river into it we stayed at the camp for 3 days (minecraft) and once a creeper blew my friend into the ravine but he landed in the water and accidently blocked the water so he starts to fall down till he hits the bottom and btw the bottom part half is filled with lava and the water pushed him right into the lava and made obsidian so he couldn't get back up xD u guys shoulda seen it even tho it was scary at first it's hilarious now
  5. Back in 1.3, I tried out my first server. I went on the one I seen on Youtube, hoping to make some friends and have a base with them and build all sorts of unimaginable things with them.
    It turns out this server had no bukkit plugins, no spawn protection, and the PvP was on and people with iron swords (nobody had armor or anything else. Lucky ones had wooden swords, really lucky ones had iron swords) were running around spawn camping out newly spawned players. Then there were people defending their little 5x5 crappy dirt house with their MC life.
    I seen some guy run into this cave with somebody chasing him. This guy helped me out of spawn. I ran through this tunnel and heard the old hurt sound, and he died after 3 hits in chat. I legged it out, but no before I broke his furnace and took his torch and crafting table :p
    Later on, I helped somebody make it out of spawn and lit their base up with my one torch. I logged off to go to bed and never returned :p
    Lesson learned:
    -Don't go on random servers you find on youtube.
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  6. Its ok to eat rotten flesh but eat a raw chicken and you will have salmonella poisoning almost always! (maybe it just happens to me)
  7. Yeah, it hasn't always been like that though... I think in like 1.4.3 they added more of a chance for food poisoning in uncooked meats as well as making rotten flesh more edible :p
  8. If you die in the wilderness/nether/end and you don't know the location, send me a pm here on the site and I'll tell you your last death location. It may take a few hours to get a reply if I am busy, but if you know there is a chance of the chunk not being loaded for a while, and you really want that stuff back, I'll try and help. You may have to find something to do in the meantime while waiting for a reply though. :p

Alternatively, mini-map mods such as reis will record the location upon death, so all you have to do is to make your way to that marker/location/death point.
  9. I once had that mod, but the death location was off -.-
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  10. I can't believe this forum is doing so well!!! :):):):):)
  11. I kinda agree. Just screw the Nether unless you're only mining netherrack or looking for lava. And even then, bring some fire resistance potions or water buckets.
  12. Not really. Some servers are pretty good, like mcwar.com It's really fun. And it has videos on YouTube. And besides, EMC does have videos on YouTube, so you can't exactly say that.....
  13. I want Rei's Minimap so bad, but I have iMac, so I can't download it..... 'Cause I don't know how.
  14. My tips for nether:
    • ALWAYS use fire resistance potions!
    • Don't start fights with pig men
    • Have a good bow for ghast fights
    • NEVER EVER USE A BED IN THE NETHER!
    OrigamiJoe likes this.
  15. Don't bring bow and arrows. If you have good timing, use your sword to hit the fireball that the ghast shoots at you back. It works.
  16. That can be a long and hard experience, Just bring a good bow with infinity and other enchantments and you can take one out in one/two shots.
    OrigamiJoe likes this.
  17. Depends.... Either choice is good.
  18. Your not the only one to do that, must have been the excitement.
    607 and Curundu like this.
  19. I don't make mistakes. I just have adventures. :cool:
    HylianNinja, BilboBaggins23 and 607 like this.
  20. Same with me.